Colaborative Term Papers

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by WereBear, Dec 15, 2005.

1. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

Colaborative Term Papers

I was playing around with some of my Uni sims and stumbled upon something interesting (to me anyway.) I had my sim influence a dorm-mate to do his term paper. Then for grins and giggle I clicked on a second dorm computer and found that he still had the option of "Write Term Paper" so I sellected it, and he sat down to write. Turns out that not only did the paper get written in half the time...he got double credit for it! For the rest of his college experience it only took one collaborative term paper and one homework assignment to make the dean's list, leaving him 50-60 free hours each semester to become BMOC while maxing his creativity score and eventually selling 1-2 masterpieces per day. :D

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

That's really useful info. :) I've noticed that I could click on another computer to see how far along a student was on typing his term paper but it never occurred to me that two of them could be working on the same paper at the same time and get TWICE THE CREDIT. Awesome!

And since I have JMP's college clock I could get any sims through college at record speed. You may guess from this that I get a little bored with the college chores. :rolleyes:

3. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Would JMPs College Clock work for the Mac does anyone know? Or are his hacks platform specific (PC)? (Just getting ready for Sims 2 University for Mac which shipped this week...Can't wait!)

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I've been putting sims through college the old-fashioned way, and mostly enjoying it because it really gives me a chance to build their stories and relationships. However, now it's just the Kanes and Apollo left at school if you don't count the townies I sent off to college, and it's getting a bit boring. I think they'll be interesting again when they can join the "real world."

I think I may give the old college clock a try. I need a break from uni for a bit, though it's going to start all over with my next gen ...

Can you choose which sims it affects?

And, good info on the term paper thing. Very cool. I've only done one or the other, never thought to try both.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The clock? Yes. Pick a sim and depending on the option you choose, it will only affect that sim. It has several options--at least one affects the whole household, but I've only used the "take final exam now." I was always anxious to get someone back to the neighborhood to marry someone else waiting for them there. Moving the final exam up saved some hours of college time.

6. surprised_by_witches

I used it! It's fun! Now Apollo is out of college. Yeah. And the Kanes won't be far behind.

Also nice if you want to create an adult character with all the benes of Uni, but don't really want to play those years ... they fly by fast in fast forward. :D

7. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

For my latest sims, the college clock is going to be a neccessity. I'm really, really tired of Uni time.

Wait. That's wrong. It should say, 'I'm really really lazy.'

8. surprised_by_witches

It comes and goes for me. I find it helps if I limit the number of kids I have in a generation.

I just put 12 sims through college (I think that's about right) and I'm all worn out. Oy, vey.

I try to keep my gens to fewer than 10 people for a reason.

9. gyro_kisschasy

gyro_kisschasy New Member

whats the 'Uni Clock' :confused:
    Yeah i once influenced a sim to do my term paper. i made the deans list but i might try that extra credit tip!

xxx:)

10. Dispel Illusions

Dispel Illusions New Member

A little kicker to speed things through even faster for the Uni years, do the little trick with the term paper to get your grade average up then when happy with the grade average simply have your Sim meditate the remainder of the time. The sims stats will not go down while meditating so you can set game speed to high and let it sit. The only times you need to stop meditating and leave is to attend the end of semester exams, the rest of the time is fly time.