How Do I Help with Downloads

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Anya, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Anya

Anya New Member

Help with Downloads

I keep trying to download hair, accesories, and makeup and such for Sims 2 on my PC but It never shows up when I want to make a sim! Can someone please please tell me how to download them and see what I'm doing wrong? I can't figure it out.

2. Dispel Illusions

Dispel Illusions New Member

Could be one of many things

1. Make sure to unzip or unpack the files into your Downloads folder. Just DL'ing them straight into that folder is not enough, you have to unpack them.

2. If they are a recolor, then make sure you:

a. Download the mesh that was used to create them.
    b. Download and install "CEP" from MTS2 so recolors of custom content will show.

3. In the game, make sure you have turned on "Show Custom Content" in the control panel. Some times this may get reset.

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Try reading this thread. :rolleyes:

4. Anya

Anya New Member

Well sorry I didn't know THAT thread. :rolleyes: I'm a little new here so, I still know little of where everything is.

Dispel Illusions: Yeah, I know that I allways unzip them. Then they turn into folders. Yet they still don't show up in my sims game. I put objects and such in my Downloads folder and Sims, Makeup, Clothing, and Accessories in my SavedSims folder.

5. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I think you have to put everything in the downloads folder! :) Are the objects showing in game?

6. Dispel Illusions

Dispel Illusions New Member

Unless the readme file that came with the DL said to put it some where else, it all goes to your Downloads folder. That would seem to be the source of your problem.

7. Anya

Anya New Member

But do Makeup, Clothes, and accesories go in my downloads folder?

8. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Yep. :) Everything like that does.

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Also do not place stuff in sub folders within your downloads folder unless you have studied up the "do's" and "don'ts" - some custom contents works from a sub-folder and some definitely will not. So remember to take the contents of unpacked files out of any folders that your unzipping programming may try helpfully to create for you :)

10. Anya

Anya New Member

Ah, okay! That's my problem lmao. Thanks so much. <3

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

'n oi larfed ... :D