Troubleshooting Navigating is like a snail

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by judelawswoman, Dec 27, 2005.

1. judelawswoman

judelawswoman New Member

Navigating is like a snail

Well I have just downloaded the Sims 2 and the rest of the expansion packs. When I first downloaded the Sims 2 I tried it out before downloading any of the expansion packs. My problem is navigating through the game is entirely slow. Zooming in and out and rotaing, and moving up and down is a snail, it's not moving properly it's impossible to play the game! I can't get to one point of the house to another without it taking forever. Can anyone tell me why this is happening or how I could fix it? I think it may have something to do with my computter, I'm thinking its not able to support the game, it might be to big or something. My computer is a 2000 Xp, hewlett packard pavikkion 7935, all the other info is lost. It's about 6 years old and thats all the information I have. Help please. :)

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

A couple of questions:

1) When you say DOWNLOAd the games, do you mean installed the games from their disk, ro do you mean actually downloading them? If you downloaded them from somewhere, they are pirated copies and sub-quality. We here at World Sims do not support piracy, therefore it does make a big difference.

2) Need to know a few more things about your computer. Need to know RAM, the video card, and if it's direct X 9.0.

3. judelawswoman

judelawswoman New Member

1. No I installed it. I brought every single game.

2. See I don't know where that information is or where I can find it, I don't even know what the Video Card is. If no one can help I guess I would just have go ask the people at the computer shop what the video card and all that stuff is.

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

5. judelawswoman

judelawswoman New Member

System: Hp Pavillion 04 version XP
    Model: P5267A-ABA 7935
    Memory: 240 MB RAM
    Processcor: AMD Athlon (tm) 1.3 GHZ
    Local Hard disk: 28.2 GB of free space and 37.2 GB of total space
    Page file: 225 MB used, 361 MB available
    DirectX version: DirectX 9.0c ( 4.09.0000.09040
    Approx. Video memory: 16.0 MB
    Display Adapter: Model: 1024*7860) (32 bits) (75 Hz) Name: S3Graphics ProSavage 8A26

I hope that is enough information I really am trying to do whatever I can and thank you all for the help so far.

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Okay, I see two problems. 1 is that you need to add RAM. 512 MB of RAM seems to be the minimum for a game as big as TS2. The other is your "Display Adapter". Is that your video card? I've heard of a ProSavage, but I'm not sure it's supports TS2.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Kristal is correct, Jude loving gal. Your computer is completely unsuitable for playing the game. I am amazed that you actually got it to run at all ... well not too much amazed ... an AMD based system will always manage to do better than a yurrky Intel (dee-dink-dink-donk) system (so sez a gal who has never owned an Intel based system :p )

You could probably manage to triple or quadruple game performance by spending 50-60 bucks on a cheap PCI graphics card and an extra 256MB of ram. :)

8. judelawswoman

judelawswoman New Member

Oh thanks so much. Question 2. How do I add RAM do I do that at the computer shop?

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Basically yeah! ;) Remember though that you're only doing the equivalent of putting go-faster stripes on an old car. Your computer needs replacing with something vaguely in touch with this millenium :rolleyes:

10. ukmel

ukmel CrAzY!!!

Downloaded? You mean you got it free on the internet, or did you buy it in a store?

11. ukmel

ukmel CrAzY!!!

Oops, sorry I misread an earlier post.

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LMAO ... don't worry you aren't the first one ;)