Troubleshooting A problem installing University pack

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by The Stitch, Dec 28, 2005.

1. The Stitch

The Stitch New Member

A problem installing University pack

I've just got a new computer recently and tried to instal my sims 2 and university games, the original installed fine but when I tried to install the expanision pack, it got all the way to 100% asked for disc 4 and then it said the update failed and started to uninstall university! I never had this trouble on my other computer, I've checked the system requirements and my new computer is more then capable of handling the game... can anyone help?

2. Dispel Illusions

Dispel Illusions New Member

If it is having problems with the updating portion of the instillation, you can bypass this by installing the latest patch for the sims before installing the EP. This will cause the updater to bypass this portions of the instillation and finish installing the game.

3. The Stitch

The Stitch New Member

I've tried to install the patch but it will not, It asked for disc 4 and then once I had put it in it simply turned off, no message telling me it failed, no nothing. I've tried to do it using my cousins discs but it didnt work then either so I know theres nothing wrong with the disc. :( Anyone know whats wrong?

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Up in the top right hand corner of the forum screen is a search menu. You can probably find an answer there. This question has been answered a few times. I believe that the common cause for this is if you have any sort of CD "ripping" software or cracks installed on your computer. I can't remember the names of the software, so I do suggest you run a search of the forums to see if you have something installed on your computer that would cause this.