How Do I Names

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Strlight, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Strlight

Strlight New Member

Names

Is it possible to change your sim baby's name after it's born? I'd like to change mine because I've thought of a better one.

2. Imani

Imani New Member

Apparentely, if you use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and get the Tombstone of L&D, it has 'Rename Sim' as an option. Just read about it literally 15 minutes ago.

3. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Yaha. It does. But be very careful with that cheat. There is another way - I just forgot what it is.

4. Strlight

Strlight New Member

Thanks.:D

5. babewithbrains_14

But please, please, please be careful Strlight. It can seriously mess up your game.

6. Strlight

Strlight New Member

OK. Are there any other ways?

7. babewithbrains_14

Yep. Found it! :D

What you want is Merola's Multi Painting. You can find it at Simchaotics: http://www.simchaotics.net/Files/MerolaSims2/MultiPainting.htm . It's a hack. You buy it in game - it looks just like another ordinary painting, but with an asterisk (*) in the corner.

Hope this helps!!! :)

Edit: when I actually looked at this page, I couldn't find where to download from. It's actually the red writing under the main pic. :eek:

Or perhaps I'm getting blonder in my old age, instead of greyer. :p ;)

8. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

that cement mixer thing that comes with NL can change aspirations... can it also change names? does anyone know off hand?

9. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

No, it only changes the aspiration and turn ons/turn offs.

10. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Other Ways To Change A Sim's Name

1) SimsPE under Sims Browser. Open the sim's character file who's name you want to change. You can edit both 1st and last name there. Very helpful for having sims with hypenated names.

2) The InSiminator: Will also allow you to rename a sim as one of it's many features. Will not allow you to change it's full name, just the 1st name.

3) Sims Enhancer: WARNING: this one is not free!! It's $14.95, and even though I sprung for it (hey, I also paid real money for the Holiday Pack. People know they if they put the sims logo on a rock and convince me that I need it for my game, I'll fork over the money :rolleyes: ) It's a little more user-friendly I think than SimsPE, but doesn't do as much, and again, you pay for it. Open the "Household", then open the "Character File" and then change the name much like you do in Sims PE. Also allows you to change the household name so that your married couple and their kids names Smith no longer live in the Jones residence just because that was her maiden name. That annoys me.

11. ralfsmith

ralfsmith New Member