SimCity 4 1 big bug and 2 problems.

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Knuckles, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles New Member

1 big bug and 2 problems.

The Big Bug:
    First of all, I've ran in a big bug that just ruined my huge city I was working on for weeks. I had a seaport on my city and I was finishing an highway not far from there. I was adding side onramps on my highway's end when my mouse messed and moved to near the seaport at the same time that I clicked.

What it did is create the onramp and a part of a highway IN the edge on my seaport. partially "merging" both of them. My seaport transformed into small 1x1 bits. I destroyed the highway but the seaport was half missing. Trying to destroy the seaport wasn't working, I could destroy it bit by bit but the main big building could be destroyed but was still there. changing the terrain around or anything, nothing could get ride of it... I didn't have my city saved since a while so I actually tried to save to see if it would go away. Trying to load the city again made the game crash... had to reset my City :(

Problem #1:
    I tried everything but still can't do it. Each time I have the 3rd upgrade airstrip or any higher airport, the crime in that place is high as hell and i keep getting complains. No matter how many police stations I add around it. it doesn't lower.. what can I do??

Problem #2:
    My city demand for High Tech industries is at it's maximum but even If I had big chunk of zones for them, they won't build! They have everything (power, water, roads, high desirability area). I'm also trying to get ride of polluting industries and the only way I found is to jack up the taxes for those to the max.. at least it works...

2. deljugo

deljugo New Member

for ur second problem i think they wont zone because u have manuacturing and dirty industries in ur city to stop that from happening when u start a city make them pay alot of taxes that way they would stay away from ur city and the high tech would love to zone in the city

3. Volchok

Volchok New Member

For problem one, try getting more medium and highwealth residents in your city, and educate them well. No sims commit more crime than low-wealth, low-educated sims.

You also need jails, police stations alone won't help.