1st Review of S2U: Says it's buggy

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

2. zootyfreak

zootyfreak Git r done

That sucks....I wasn't planning on buying the EP but still they should of worked on it more so it wouldn't be buggy

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Reviewer System Specifications
    Pentium 4 1.4GHz, Windows XP Home Edition, 768MB RAM, Radeon 9800 Video Card

That's a bit low on the computer specs charts.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Bugs like that do not count, IMO. The game is so complex the surprise is not that there are bugs but that there are so few.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

EWWWW, that's worse than mine!!! You'd think if the guy made a living critiquing PC Games, he'd have a better PC.

(My video card and RAM are on their way, but I think S2U is going to beat them here. LOL)

6. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

That's kinda sad that you would say that :( Most people would be pefectly happy to have this system. Unless you play TS2. Sniff. Sounds a lot like my system

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

8. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I got the requirements for TS2 will the requirements go higher/be higher for TS2U

9. Nephthys

Nephthys Backstabber

I sincerely hope not.
    And thanks for the link Kristalrose, those screenshots were really good. I'm inspired at how alternative I'll be able to make my Sims look; just over a week to wait...*drums fingers*.

10. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The bugs they mention don't seem all that bad (especially when compared to the jump bug or some of the others we've seen.)

But I'm now even more excited about this afternoon when Gamestop says they'll have my game for me.

My biggest concern is going to be how I'll be able to cope without my favorite hacks until JMP can get them fixed. (And he very cruelly is not letting us know when he's even getting the game, let alone going to have time to make sure that his hacks work!)

I'm told the boolprop cheat still will work, so I guess I'm going to have to learn to use it for some of the things. Sigh.

Maybe I'll just work on building my own Universities until he gets them finished...

11. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The requirements are basically the same, although you'll need additional harddrive room. (So if you were borderline on that before, it may be a problem.) Fortunately, most people don't run their harddrives that close to the edge for the most part.

12. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

You want an official date? I've instructed my agent to place the order. This means the game will officially arrive in my grubby paws within 6 to 8 weeks. That's usually how long shipping and processing takes.

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

... and unofficially? :p

(I'm feeling a bit sour after discovering that here in "old" Europe we get left out of it for another 10 days. Honestly! Enduring Freedom obviously means nothing to you darn Yanks! Next time we Yoorowpeens decide to start a world war we ain't gonna let you lot come and play at all! :p )

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

6 to 8 weeks! A code genius like yourself could write the whole darn software package from scratch in that time! :rolleyes:

15. J. M. Pescado

Shame on you, Mirelly. You're a mod. You should know better than to ask that.

16. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

ROTFLMAO at Mirelly!!! :D

Yeah, well, next time we go start a war just to be showing off, we won't let you guys play with our guys, either. Not even Tony Blair. Not even if he cries. :p nananananah!

17. J. M. Pescado

Heh, well, look on the bright side, Mirelly. By the time you get it, perhaps all the of the messes involving hacks and whatnot will be sorted out. Think of it as extended testing.

18. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Was that a laugh out of Pescado? :eek:

19. J. M. Pescado

No, that's just a heh. A laugh sounds like this:
    MUHUHAHAHAHAHA!

And is usually preceded by lines like this:
    "YOU WILL ALL DIE!"

20. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

:rolleyes: :) JMP, You have very different personalities. One seconed your all technical the next your yelling MWHAHAHA!