How Do I 2 Questions

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Blade770, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

2 Questions

First off I am wondering how you put things like desks, sofas, and a ton of other things in a diagonal angle. On the Sims 2 website I've seen some houses where they were like this. My other question is how do you get any object in a community lot. I've seen churches that would be used for weddings, and hotels even with beds. If any of you guys can answer this please do. Thanks.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

open the cheat dialog box and enter:
    boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true

Note the spaces that myust be there! Any other spaces will screw it up.

Note that some items cannot be used when placed diagonally and others can be used but not properly and still others can be placed diagonally but will not fit up against corners or diagonal walls without turning the moveobjects cheat on.

Use of the boolprop cheats may cause problems with your game. Use at your own risk :)

3. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Thank you very much, oh and do you know anything about being able to use any item (Beds, Wedding Arches, ect.) in community lots?

4. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

I'm not sure about wedding arches (but its pretty unlikely), but beds aren't allowed. If you want to check any other items, in neighbourhood view you click on the house in the control panel, and then click on the community lot.

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

She's right about the beds. I tried to put one in the college community lots so my sims would never have to go home if they didn't want to, and you can't. They can't even nap on community couches.

Never tried the wedding arch. Maybe with Nightlife we'll be able to have hotels and chapels ... but it doesn't sound like it.

6. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Ah well no biggie. Oh and its weird I have the cheats on to rotate the objects diagonaly but it work. Anything else I need to have on?

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

check your typing ;)

try again:

boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true

The capitals are what I have on file but I routinely try all cheats without them and they mostly work and from memory it works in all lower case for this cheat. (Don't have game access to game at moment so cannot confirm this)

8. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

enable the cheat and use the left and right caruts (comma and period keys) to turn the objects.

9. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Thanks a lot. I know that it will work this time.

10. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

'S OK Blade. It's not double posting if you add new information to a previous post ... editing the previous message wasn't an option. There are many ways to make community lots with residential only items and vice versa. eg the ChangeLotZoning cheat. However unless the objects are hacked they would only be decorative as they wouldn'r be functional or usable.

12. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

I see, so what is the full cheat to do this?

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

14. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Thanks a bunch.:)