a new way to get rich...and frustrated...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jiko, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

a new way to get rich...and frustrated...

So Valerie the Woohooing Doctor fell hard for Don Lothario and he moved in just before the baby was born, yada yada, see other threads.

When I went to play them today, he was gone - Val and the nubbins are still there. So she called him and invited him over, snuggled and flirted and proposed he move in and he did - with all the dough again! Big payday!

HOWEVER, he doesn't appear as a family member. It's weird to have a family member completely out of my reach. He's behaving okay, even giving the baby a bottle sometimes, but also spying on neighbors and stinking up the joint without a shower. He does go to work and return.

I almost decided not to save, but decided to go for the experiment. We'll see - I guess she can always break up with him.

THEN SHE WENT AND GOT PREGNANT AGAIN. There goes the medical career!

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL Jiko. That would worry me but I guess you're happy to see how things pan out so go for it, kid! :D Maybe Valerie can work on her career anyway. Last night Amber hallooed me to let me know that her belly was suddenly embiggened at exactly the same moment her car pool arrived. She chuckled and said: "Ooh! En boo-bah." And then waddled off to work! I watched with bated breath as she waddled all the way to car, thinking that at any moment she would suddenly remember that she was pregnant and say that she oughtn't to leave the house but nuttin'! I was tired and saved and quit when she came home :eek: I didn't even check to see if she had the maternity holiday days credited :eek: Like you I thought I would play out the experiment LOL

3. Jiko

I'm jealous; I really wanted her to go to work since she's due for a promotion. We've spent a lot of time in the back yard digging organs out of the simulator! But she had to take maternity leave. Meanwhile, Don Lothario is a nurse now! I think he's the bug in my machine.

The real joke is that she's a knowledge sim, not a family, and having a lot of babies is definitely not in the plan.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

You could try moving the family and see if Don comes along for the ride. If you get sick of him, that is.

I had a sim lost to the ether when I broke up with him, once. He appeared in the icons for the family but wasn't on the lot and I couldn't use the icon at all. Meanwhile his little background indicator showed him going further and further into the red.

And this was before NL and OFB. :rolleyes:

Sometimes the game's just buggy.

5. Jiko

That version - the icon appears and the sim doesn't - seems rather common, from my reading here. I've never heard of a sim being present, active, going to work, cooking, making calls, etc., and in the family tree and all, without an icon. It's interesting - at least he's not grumpy. I dread what happens if he's alone with the baby, though - here comes the Social Worker!

6. MoRgAn36

MoRgAn36 New Member

story???

Hello!..... Jiko i didn't know you had a story!?!..... I would love to read it!..... but I have NO clue where it is.... can you tell me where to find it, please?

7. Jiko

Morgan - which is my son's name, by the way - I don't know what you're talking about! No storyline here. What you see is what you get. Sorry! You'll have to parse through many old threads for my occasional mini-dramas.

8. MoRgAn36

MoRgAn36 New Member

Oops!

Oops!

HaHa.. I feel like a dork now... but oh well! My bad.. LoL***:p