Troubleshooting A problem that's different from da rest...

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Twilight32, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Twilight32

Twilight32 New Member

A problem that's different from da rest...

Hey there, dis is my first tym postin on dis website. see, ive got a problem regarding sims 3 n i saw all the threads n u ppl seem 2 b really helpful.

Ive instald d game n it went fine. but after dat when i tried runnin it 4 d vry frst tym, an error msg cme, sayin:

Unable to start game.

Device 0 cannot run this title.
    No supported video graphics card detected. Please check your system hardware.

So when dis hapnd, a frnd of mine told me to update my graphics drivers. I did dat, but agn when i tried to run it, not inly did the sme msg appear agn, but sumtymes dis msg also strted appearing:

The screen showed a msg in white letters wid a blue background:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

An attemp was made to write read-only memory.

And then they go on to say dat if dis is d frst tym ive seen dis msg i shud re-start my pc. n if it appears agn, i shud mke sure dat ne new hardwre or softwre is properly installd. so i went to safe mode and over there agn installd the update of my nvidia drivers, but the problem still persists.
    Please help.

Oh n btw, ive attachd all the necessary info.

Attached Files:

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Posts here are not limited to 160 characters.

That blue screen is called a blue screen of death (BSOD), you will need to find out what driver or program is trying to write to the read only memory.

This can be found in the lower left of the BSOD.
    [​IMG]

Here the driver responsible is SPCMDCON.SYS, what does your BSOD say?