A sense of clutter

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Lynet, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

A sense of clutter

I'm afraid I don't have as much to contribute as Muffin and Mirelly.

I'm just suggesting that the look of the forums and the library is extremely cluttered.

There was an expression I heard some years ago: file dump. We dim-witted accountants would ask the programmers for a report off the accounting system that would give us specific information, (maybe a customer list sorted by loan types, with subtotals of outstanding balances, etc.) and we'd get a three foot high stack of green bar paper covered with obscure geek shorthand. A file dump.

File dump is what I think of every time I load Worldsims now. There's got to be a way to organize it better. The library is also cluttered in appearance.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

[​IMG]

Did someone say dump?

[​IMG]

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Library, we're adding new features. We're just taking off a lot of the wraps and shroud right now as I'm tinkering with it in more detail. On the drawing board is to move the members listing categories to a separate page to not clutter the front page.

As for Forums, while this plan I have isn't fully complete, there is a proposal to move everything to a site oriented design.

Therefore the forums would look like this for the most part:

-Urban Online Entertainment
    --Announcements Forums
    --Pilot Forums
    --General Chat Forums

-WorldSims & SimSational
    --SimCity Societies
    --The Sims 2
    --The Sims 1

-TerraSpore
    --All Spore Forums

-SimGames.net
    --SimGames.net related forums

All everyone will see is just the site name on the forumhome.

4. ManagerJosh

Uploading some prototype screenshots

Uploading the first prototype layout. Note that this is from a demo board I run and that it does not have all the data that this forum has.

Attached Files:

5. ManagerJosh

First set of changes are up. Please feel free to comment. And yes you're welcome to say you hate it. :)

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

My first view this morning and the site looks a lot better. I have to go to work so I can't explore at the moment.