Spore A small thought

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Astrodog, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

A small thought

Let's say you get SPORE the very first day it comes out. Now, there probably aren't going to be very many people out there making buildings and creatures for you yet. Will the game fill in these blanks using preloaded stuff, and therefore use player and Maxis-created stuff?

2. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

That was confirmed by Maxis.

Heat

3. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

This has been bothering me. Will you be able to create some of the stuff that surrounds you? Like, lets say you have your main race but there is also creatures you created on your planet that cant be controled. Ya dig

4. Tye

Tye New Member

"Heat" said it was confirmed even though I haven't seen anything.

I guess the editing and creating could get boring after a while but I think it looks really cool at the moment and I don't see why people would ever want to sponge off other players. :laughing2:

I'd love to create a unique creator or design a super-powerful UFO! :smile:

5. spore freak274

spore freak274 New Member

this game definatly has some awsome stuff in it and i think that creating things would be one of the best things in the game :bouncy:

i was just wondering if you are able 2 make under water cities? :confused:

6. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

Yeah, if you have an aquatic critter, at least.

7. Vandilyn

Vandilyn New Member

Well, I see it this way... you start your first creature and after a few hours you decide to start a new creature and again... all those will be in your game for you to interact with.

What I want to know most is if there is a way to 'ban' a creature you just don't like. Lets face it, not everything others make is going to be something I want in my game and not everything I make will others want in their games.

I prefer to have a choice as to what ends up in my game and what does not.

8. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

The small file size of the creatures/buildings ect. will allow EA and Maxis the ability to ship thousands of creature species and building/vehicle types.

Fear not, if you do not wish to create, you will not have to. (There has always been basic stuff shipped with The Sims games..)

And yes, I am verifying what Heat says.

9. Martun

Martun New Member

This is true. And to give an example, just look at all the creatures, buildings and vehicles that have been designed so far purely for the E3 demos, etc.

Not to mention that freak of nature Robin Williams created this year! :laughing2:

10. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Yup.. See, they aren't actually storing images of the creatues, which takes up alot of space.

They are simply storing the 'DNA' so to speak, of the creatures. That way, another game can simply recreate the creature using its DNA, rather than actually having to have an image copy of the creature. Its basically.. cloning.

11. Snabbelkrab

Snabbelkrab New Member

I don't agree with you Vandilyn. If you would have the choice to 'ban' creatures the fight for survival will stop as you can now choose e.g a land creature that has no legs or no mouth. This will make it far too easy to advance in the game and dominate your planet

12. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

I don't think you'd need to ban a creature, since you could just run away. And if you don't like a creature, come back with the UFO and blow 'em up!! :mischievous:

13. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

I think what he means by 'ban' is to ban a species from being in the game. Say you really dont like the way one species look, you simply turn it off so it never appears as you play.

14. Hazath

Hazath New Member

at the least, just delete that species from your hard-drive

15. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Minor spelling note, species is the plural and singular form of the word.. there is no such thing as specie.

Also.. I think instead of just delete from your computer, but keep the game from re-downloading it automatically. As that is a feature of the game.

16. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

that's a great feature thrown in by Maxis, saves a lot of time, and effort.

17. Hazath

Hazath New Member

on the contrary there is. If I trade specie with you for a good or service, you will recieve money. Specie = coin - albeit this has no relevance to creatures

18. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Semantics.

19. Smarty Izola

Smarty Izola Guest

hehe

heheh... NICE. hey peoples, what are your favorite places to travel?? give me some feedback!

20. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Smarty.. your question is off topic, I suggest you start a whole new thread with that question.