A toddler when on an outing

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ruthie_Faye, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

A toddler when on an outing

I was playing this morning when my sim's nephew called and asked her to go on an outing downtown. It ended up that the whole family went including the nephew, son, daughter in law and granddaughter who's a toddler. I had the grandfather play with the toddler but his interactions were limited. He could only toss her in the air, snuggle, family kiss, and talk to her which was fine because it really improved their score. Anyway after a while he put her down and she announced that she had things she had to take care of so she was leaving! She just toddled off on her own but her parents both stayed for a couple of hours. When I realized she was there she was already inside so I don't know if someone carried her or if she crawled out of the taxi but she had a blue diamond just like everyone else in the group.

Anyone else have toddlers downtown?

Ruth

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I didn't even know you could take toddlers with you, so I learned something!

That's so funny. "I have things to take care of."

LOL!

3. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Yeah usually when I've had families go on outings the toddlers stay home, I only assume they call a nanny. I've even had parents come and leave children at home. It ended up being good though because grandpa hadn't been able to play with his new granddaughter yet. He happily played with her until she decided she had other things to take care of. I didn't have the chance to have grandma go play with her.

Ruth

4. surprised_by_witches

You mean, you're playing a lot, you say "OK, we'll all go on the outing" and you leave the toddler at home? Don't you get a warning? Or do you mean, you invite a family you're not playing and they're sans kid?

Also, whenever I get invited on an outing I don't have the option of bringing family members. Is there something I can do so say, if spouse A gets invited spouse B can come too?

5. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Well while the two sons were home I had them form a casual group so that when the two sons went to college they could have a family night out. Once the oldest son got married I don't recall adding the dil to the group and I KNOW I didn't add the toddler.

So basically it ended up being the mom and dad, the two sons and a cousin in the group. But this time the son and cousin brought along their respective spouses and the one son brought his daughter. I was expecting like 5 in the group so I was surprised when we got to the lot that it was I think 8 in the group.

When they go out as a group it's usually someone calling my sim and inviting them on an outing. If my sim has children at home I usually say no so it's the other people in the group that have children and usually leave them at home.

I may have to invite some people that have children on an outing just to see if I can make this to happen again.

Ruth

6. surprised_by_witches

How exactly do you invite more than one person on an outing? Do you use groups? I know how to manage groups, but I can't figure out how to "invite someone on outing" unless that means, invite them to a community lot.

I've been puzzling about this.

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

This isn't answering your question but I've only used groups to limit the number of family members that go on an outing. If I want only Errol and his daughter, for instance, to go to a community lot, (when they lived in the same house) I'd set up a group of just Errol and his daughter. I set up Errol and Joe as one group, too. It was easier to control two of them rather than a whole crowd of family members at a community lot.

Sometimes it was handy, though, to have one extra member in the group who would 'hold' the plumbbob somewhere out of sight while I took pictures :rolleyes: . The blue ones are smaller and higher. This was before I discovered the plumbbob toggle. But I love closeup pictures, anyway.

Isn't it true, though, that unless you call the group together and end the outing that they'll all follow you back to your house? Happened to me once. A house full of guests and my sim just wanted to go to bed.

8. surprised_by_witches

Yes. You need to end the group or they'll follow you around. I once had Spike and London stay a "casual group" for three days because I wasn't paying attention to the fact that they had a blue plumbob. (This was when Apollo and Ashley lived with them.)

Someone with a guide book (Shana? Sacharissa?) please help! What does the game mean by "ask on outing?" I've been asked, just want to know how to return the favor.

9. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I haven't done it in a while but I think it's one of the options under groups once you've formed one. I'm open to correction though.

Ruth

10. surprised_by_witches

If that's all it is, then I've done that. I just didn't know if there was a feature I wasn't using.

Probably not, or I would have run into it by now. I play with tips on when I first get an EP, and that wasn't ever mentioned.

So I'm probably asking about something that doesn't exist.

11. Your Mom

Your Mom Simaholic ;D

Just a few days ago when I was on Pollination#9 and Jenny Smith, Johnny (who is married with two kids of his own) called and asked if they wanted to go downtown, so I made them go. When I got there, it was zoomed out and I could notice a small green object lying on the path. At first I thought it was something like a kid's toy but then I remembered there were no green toys. It was only when I zoomed in when I realised it was Johnny's baby daughter, Zoe! I have no idea why it did this. Johnny's other daughter (a child called Carys) was there too. Seeing as Pollination#9 and Jenny had never met their grandchildren, I thought "Ok, let them get to know each other", but when it was time to go, Carys walked off and Zoe was just left on the ground. The others all got into the cab and were waiting for Zoe to get in, but she obviously can't as she's a baby! And I couldn't do anything about it so I had to reset the stupid computer!!!

So in answer to your question, no, I have not had any toddlers Downtown. =P

12. surprised_by_witches

Chances are, once you got back to your lot the baby would be there. I've had sims abandoned on community lots before and it hasn't affected their home lot.

But that was kind of weird ...

13. Your Mom

Your Mom Simaholic ;D

I haven't been on Johnny since that day so I don't know what's happened there. The baby is probably fine- I think it may have been a glitch or something.

14. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Well I guess we need to try and remember who has small children and who hasn't when we accept those invitations. Maybe this is a sign that they are working at allowing infants and toddlers to go to community lots. Maybe they were working on it for OFB and weren't able to get it done in time.

Ruth

15. mEtAlHeAd

mEtAlHeAd O RLY??

for some reason family of mine takes baby out everywhere(soz bad english and im in New Zealand :S)

idk why she does,she like cant put baby down lol:cool:

16. surprised_by_witches

Which is as it should be.