Absence explained, wedding updates, and weight loss :-)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jupitershana, Jun 18, 2007.

1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Absence explained, wedding updates, and weight loss :)

Hey everyone! I've been soooooo extremely busy at work that I haven't had the chance to post during the day and I've been to exhausted in the evenings. Work is going great; for those who don't know I work for the National Marrow Donor Program which is the main bone marrow registry in the United States. I contact people who are possible matches for a patient...very rewarding, but very time consuming! I still love my job though!

Wedding updates: Getting closer! We've decided on the wedding dress now and actually it's the one which was the second choice before. When I tried it on the first time I wasn't able to actually zip it up because of my weight and have since lost almost 20 lbs (more in a second) and when I tried it on later I was able to see how much more flattering it was on me than the other one. I'm in love with it and we're going to be ordering it this week! Here's the pictures. (click on them to see them bigger)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3rd: Weight loss!!! I'm going to be really honest here only because I'm so proud of myself. In July of 2006 I weighed in at around 240 lbs...not healthy! After getting laid off in October I started slowly loosing the weight and by May was at 225; which was exciting enough. Then after trying on wedding dresses for the first time and just being overall disgusted with myself I went on the South Beach Diet. I've lost another 18 pounds bringing my overall weight loss to 34lbs!!!! Here are some before and after pictures from my 240 lb weight to my current of 206...my goal is to reach 170 by the wedding and I'm really hopeful I'll make it. I just had to rave a bit because I'm so excited!!!

Before 240lbs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tonight: 206lbs and still going!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I was just thinking to myself the other day, where has jupitershana got to?

Congrats on the weight loss!! The wedding dress is gorgeous too! :D

3. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Beautiful dress:bigthumbsup:

Congrats at losing weight.:)
    I have been gaining a little. What takes me 5 mins to put on takes me two weeks to take off.lol All the best for your wedding.:)

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well done on the weight loss, Shana. That gorgeous dress will look fabulous on your buff new slimline bod.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I am so impressed and jealous and inspired, Shana. It's a beautiful dress, too. I can't wait to see you in it.

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

That is so great, Shana! Congratulations on the weight loss, and here's loads of encouragement to help you reach your goal! And the dress is gorgeous! What an exciting time for you!

7. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

I was also wondering where you were lol - actually was gonna ask someone today or leave you a YIM message. Glad to see you back on the forum. :)

Congrats on the weight loss!! You will look stunning in that wedding dress and I can't wait to see the wedding pics! You'll reach your goal of 170 I'm sure of it. And rave all you want about your success! - you're entitled to yell from the rooftops because I know how hard it is to lose weight. You're also inspiring me to set a goal for weight loss lol.

Glad that you're still loving your job Shana. :) Even though it's busy and tiring at times, it's still a good feeling to come home and know that you're doing such a worthwhile job. :)

BTW, great photos! Actually, in the 2 pics at the bottom, you look amazingly like the lady who lives across the road from my house - almost identical!

8. jupitershana

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty excited about the weight loss of course and the fact that I get to order my dress this week!

How do you know I'm not.... ;) Ha! Of course SBW and Sach will vouch to the fact that I do live here in Minnesota. That is kind of cool though...seperated at birth? Is she 26 as well?

9. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Congratulations on everything, Shana. The dress is beautiful, and you look great. :D

Good to have you back. Congrats again. :)

10. jupitershana

awww...thanks John!!! :cloudnine:

I'm glad to be back, hopefully I'll be able to stick around a little bit more.

One more update; we officially ordered the wedding dress tonight!!! I was able to get it price matched for only $600.00!! Pretty good since they wanted $800 in store for it! I'm freakin excited! I'll have it by the end of October and hopefully will have pictures then of me in it to show off! Now hopefully Brandon doesn't stumble across any pictures of it...

11. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Tell him to close his eyes if he does. It's gorgeous, so it should NOT go back.

You look lovely. I know you'll be a radiant bride.

Way to go on the weight loss! I lost 20, gained 5 back, and am now hovering. It's really hard to do lose, so kudos to you.

Glad you're loving your new job!!! Hope we Minnesotans can get together again sometime.

12. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

We could always kidnap him, and put him on some remote island with no internet or cute girls to look at :D

13. jupitershana

hmm..... tempting! ;)

Honestly he hasn't even shown any interested in trying to peek at the dress. So I'm not too worried!

By the way; we're exactly 200 days away from the wedding today and I'm having a little freak out moment!

14. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Calm down, girl. That's more than half a year. No need to start panicking just yet. ;)

I planned my entire wedding in 4 months and it went just fine. Yours will too.