Troubleshooting Added the Freetime Patch and now many objects are missing or turned blue

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, May 10, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Added the Freetime Patch and now many objects are missing or turned blue

I installed Sims 2 Freetime and all was going well. This is the 2nd time I've installed Sims 2 (and Seasons and Best of Business) because it crashed before and I lost all my third generation self-created families. So when I reinstalled Sims 2 and Seasons and added Freetime. I skipped "Best of Business" in case that had caused a problem. Last thing I installed was Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff. Then I was told I should add the Free time patch (I didn't know there was one). I was worried about adding it when I had M&G installed, but was told I needed to do it and to add the M&G patch. Well I added the Freetime patch and now my Freetime stuff is blue, carpets and paint/wall coverings are missing (the missing stuff may be from the M&G, I don't know). I never did find the M&G patch; instead when I googled the patch it said there was no patch for M&G. Probably it would have screwed my game up even worse if I HAD found it. I cannot just take everything off AGAIN and lose my 2nd cast of characters. I always back up my stuff but that didn't help the last time at all. When I tried to use the backed up stuff not only were my Sims gone there, Pleasantville itself was gone. I still lost everything. So do I just have to have these things stay blue or????? Help!