Alfred the Butler

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Marilyn_Manson_Fan, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Marilyn_Manson_Fan

Marilyn_Manson_Fan New Member

Alfred the Butler

He is supposedly supposed to take care of the baby's when they cry, but he never has for me. IS this a glitch? Or do I have to do something to make him do it? :confused:

2. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

he always took care of my baby. all i did was hire him. it may just be a glitch

3. Marilyn_Manson_Fan

Marilyn_Manson_Fan New Member

Well how do I fix it?

4. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

In my game he will come in and even if the baby isnt crying he will go over and try feeding the baby and all it will do is sit there and cry. Then when the baby does cry he will only feed it and then go do something else and I will have to go over and sing to the baby to get it to go back to sleep. So I dont know what is up with my butler.

5. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

Maybe.....the butler just doesn't like some kids lol

6. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Lol... I guess not. And since I have MM now, the skeleton maid will take care of the babies too. If there is one in the house, the first thing she will do is go over to it and feed it weather its crying to be fed or sleeping (more often than not, its sleeping when she goes to feed it). My game is weird and aggrivating lol.

7. Cool_Diva

Cool_Diva New Member

Same. My butler never looks after my baby either it's weird he'll go over to it and try to get it to sleep but it always needs my sim to take proper care of the baby. I didn't know that the skeleton maid looked after babies.

8. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Mine does and when you think about it, its kinda creepy to have a dead maid trying to feed your baby... :ermm:

9. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

I didn't even know the BUTLER looked after babies! LOL Now I'm gonna have to go and try it :)

10. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

LOL Jane... yep he does and I wish I could play my sims game but its keeps crashing on me when its changing from the loading screen to the neighborhood screen so I cant play anymore :( Ive tried all the help stuff but my last option is to uninstall and I dont want to do that from all the suff I have imported into my game :(

11. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

*comfortsIrishdragonsympathyleakingfromeverypore*
    I know how that feels. Superstar sent my Sims game crazy and I had no other option than to reinstall. I lost all my great downloads and am still hesitant to download replacements because it's still locking up on me and doing weird things.

12. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

LOL Jane...don't feel bad...I didn't even know there was a butler!!! Don't I feel stupid!! Guess I'll have to play the game again and this time instead of heading to Studio Town right away I'll have to check out my home options.

13. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Heh... its amazing what you can overlook when there is so much to explore... and I uninstalled my sims *pouts*... now for the LONG journey of re-downloading.

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Good luck with your long journey of re-downloading! :D I love the way you put that! I've kind of accidentally started downloading like mad again myself... I seem to go in vicious cycles like that.... I think I need more blank cds to back it all up... :p