Spore Amazing Spore tutorial – How to import Spore creatures into Lightwave 3D

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Judhudson, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Amazing Spore tutorial – How to import Spore creatures into Lightwave 3D

Oh do I miss 3D modeling…use to use an old version of 3D Studio Max back in high school.* Loved trying to create crappy models [​IMG] * Now that I know longer have access to the software, Spore is the next best thing.* I suppose I could always take up an alternative way with the various free 3D modeling programs that are out there but time does not allow me to do so!* Hopefully in your case it is different.

While checking my RSS feeds, a link caught my eye that directed me to a blogpost written by Daniel on how to import your Spore Creatures into Lightwave 3D by using the in-game collada exporter.* Scanning thru the PDF document, it doesn’t look too hard – he did a fantastic job taking a step-by-step approach and displaying many pictures.* If you happen to use Lightwave 3D for your modeling work, have a look.* He and he kids also put together this render of 225 Spore creatures exported and imported into Lightwave:

This image was rendered in Lightwave 3D 9.6.1 64-bit edition on an 8 core 3.2 GHz Xeon Mac Pro running Mac OS X 10.6.2 in 35mm Academy 1.78 4K resolution (4096×2300). 4,757,840 polygons. Creature meshes were not subpatched. Render time was 56 minutes. The scene includes 225 Spore creatures.

[​IMG]

Share and Enjoy:

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

Related posts:
    1. New Tutorial – How to import creatures from Sporepedia into the Creature Creator
    2. Kotaku – Spore Creatures (iPhone) early impressions
    3. Rendered Spore Creatures in Maya thanks to Spore Patch #5