Annoying Flies and the Sims Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by GinaBeana87, Jan 1, 2003.

1. GinaBeana87

GinaBeana87 New Member

Annoying Flies and the Sims Deluxe

Hi, I'm new here. I don't know if this question has been asked before, but what is up with the flies?? I constantly have flies buzzing around my house. And it isn't because I've left food out, or I have garbage on the floor. They're just always buzzing. It's driving me crazy. When I go to delete them, after putting in the cheat codes, they're listed as a virtual reality set. I've even gotten money a few times for deleting theim. I just want to know if there is anyway that I can fix that.

I have one more question. How different is the Sims Deluxe. Should I go out and buy it? I have The Sims and all of the Expansion Packs. Am I missing out on anything by not having The Sims Deluxe?

Thanks!

2. Oxypertine

Oxypertine New Member

Ah! I have this problem too..flies everywhere! I have the Deluxe Edition with the Unleashed expansion pack..Let me know if you find a cure! Thx

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I haven't had that problem with the flies... yet. Sorry I hadn't heard of it or what to do for it, if I find out I'll let you know!! Post and let us know if you find a solution too, ok?!!

As for the Sims Deluxe, I have all the expansions except that too, I've heard it might improve game play for some people, and that it has some new objects, and a program that comes with it to help you make skins. Someone who has it can tell you more. :D

4. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Deluxe is pretty much what Fae said...
    some new skins, objects
    A sim creator program
    faster loading time
    some bugs (not flies) removed

5. Oxypertine

Oxypertine New Member

'..some bugs (not flies) removed..'
    Ha ha

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Fae forgot a few bugs added in too...hence why they released a Deluxe Patch :rolleyes:

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

heh I don't have Deluxe so I didn't know they ADDED bugs with it!! haha that's funny! :p

8. britmiss1978

britmiss1978 New Member

I have deluxe and when someone is already stuck, one of the neighbors came over to use the pool and got stuck between the fence and the diving board, poor guy has been there for ages not sure how to unstick him any advice? I think the deluxe system is great, I've not had any problems with it yet, except for this.

9. Oxypertine

Oxypertine New Member

The Deluxe Patch doesn't make any difference to the flies (or some of the other bugs)..jus' so ya know ;-)

10. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

The flies are more readily made with Unleashed because they generate the mice that cats need to hunt and build up their hunting skills. Also, flies are now generated by used toilets, unmade beds, and such that never generated them before. With the Deluxe expansion, you don't need the patch if you have Unleashed, it is included. You get a lot of new objects that are themed related, such as roman objects and a couch to match the Egg Chair. You also get the Creator which is really easy to use to make new skins and heads(if you have a scanner) for the game. I have really enjoyed Deluxe since I have gotten it. :classic:

11. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Flies, I think they are a result of uncleaniness.

Brittmiss, use the move objects cheat and move your sim to where you want him

press ctrl + shift + c and type move_objects on