Troubleshooting Annoying Graphics problem

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by carla393, Sep 13, 2006.

1. carla393

carla393 New Member

Annoying Graphics problem

I have an interesting graphics issue. I have been playing the sims 2 and all expansions since they were released and had never had any issues until recently when i got a new video card. I installed an nVidia geforce 7600gs and it runs perfectly with every game except the sims.
    1. Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
    2. System Memory: 1024MB RAM
    3. Windows Version Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
    4. Free Hard Disk Space: 30GB
    5. Total Hard Disk Space: 100GB
    6. DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    7. Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
    8. Display Driver: 6.14.0010.9147 (English)
    9. Approximate Total Video Memory: 256mb
    10. Game Detail: I own the sims 2, university, nightlife, and open for business
    Here's a picture of the problem i'm experiencing:

[​IMG]

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

That looks a lot like the problem I get occasionally on my lots. I've been told I need to download the latest drivers for my video card.

Perhaps that would solve your problem, too.

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

P.S.: I've been told it's helpful to create a restore point before changing drivers, just in case you screw something up.

I think it's under Accessories/System Tools on your computer.

4. carla393

carla393 New Member

Yeah, I've tried installing new drivers, I've done just about everything I can think of, plus I've contacted EA support to help solve my problem and they haven't been able to solve it yet after a week of communicating. I can't use old drivers because it doesnt recognize the hardware for it. I just wish I could play :cry:

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Do you have the latest game patches? http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

6. carla393

carla393 New Member

Yeah I have the game patches.

7. turbine001

turbine001 New Member

i'm getting the same problem, if you have sorted this out please could you tell me, as it's driving me mad. i'm running a nvidia 6600gt. Strangley enough, it does the same thing on my pc version of the godfather and sim city 4 (both EA) and tiger woods 06 (EA sports) maybe EA dosnt like nvidia graphics cards