Troubleshooting another graphics post!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by cheeseygrin, Jul 14, 2006.

1. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

another graphics post!

hi;
    sorry to create yet ANOTHER post on upgrading graphics, but i have read all of the stuf on this site about upgrading and im still not 100% clear and since i have JUST gotten a brand new supercool laptop i want to make sure i dont break it within the first week :rolleyes:
    i installed the sims2 on the new laptop and moved my families from my other computer to this one, they are still alive but fuzzier than usual. i assume this is because i need to update my graphics stuff cuzz i have all graphic stuff inside the game set on high and its still fuzzy.
    my system thing is windows xp proffessional with intel version # 6.14.00.10.4436 - i cant figure out if theres a newer version to update my system (eg do i want an embedded card or a laptop one?) with and am wondering if anyone can help me out?
    any advise greatly appreciated as always! also let me know if you need to know any more of my system specs.
    :knockedout:

2. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

ok no one has answered yet so im going to post my full system specs in the hope that someone will. also since i last posted i have a new problem in which the game will speratically crash at random moments and intermissions. it will crash and two dialog boxes come up saying something about the display driver ialmrnt5.dll is not working properly and i need to go onto the windows website to figure out what the problem is, but when i do i cant figure out what i need to update or download. below are my full system specs and i really hope someone will be able to help me!

1 processor name and speed - genuine intel CPU t2300 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs)
    2 memory - 1014 MB RAM
    3 windows version - microsoft windows Xp professional (5.1, build 2600)
    4 free hard disk space - 345 MB used 2094 MB available (is the right info?)
    6 directx version - directx 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    7 display adaptor name and model number - mobile intel 945GM express chipset family
    8 display driver name - ialmrnt5.dll
    version # - 6.14.0010.4436
    date - 28/11/2005
    9 approx. total video memory - 64.0 MB
    10 game version - sims 2 cd up to nightlife expansion

hopefully thats all the correct info any help appreciated...

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

4. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

thanks a lot josh for finding that for me! the graphics have improved and no crashes yet, so lets hope it stays that way!
    thanks again dude

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Keep me posted :)

6. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

hello
    just an update - no crashes since the last time so wohoo for that and the graphics r much better too, just one small problem that im not sure justifys getting anymore upgrades but also just curious if this is a common problem or not. the detail in game is really clear and perfect until one of my sims calls someone on the phone and the address book comes up and everything in the house (objects, clothes) looses its detail and doesnt clear up again untill i go back to the neighbourhood and then back to the house again
    anyone want to way in with this one? :rolleyes: