Troubleshooting Another problem with sims 2

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by stonegolem, Sep 16, 2005.

1. stonegolem

stonegolem New Member

Another problem with sims 2

Now all of a sudden when I create new families I save them It takes me out to the neighborhood screen (they are still there) But once i exit the game and go to windows and then later reenter the game they are not there?!?!?!?! What in the world is going on?????????

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Do you have any of the EP's? Is this a new problem since you installed NL, for example? Or have you never been able to save families? A few more details would be helpful.

I assume you know you have to find them in the "people" bin. I'm not a technical expert, but I do know that in order to help you we'll need a few more specifics.

3. stonegolem

stonegolem New Member

No problem yes both ep's and it started just recently right before I got Nightlife so it's not Nightlife related. I have been able to save families up until about 3 days ago but now all of a sudden they no longer remain in the neighborhood anymore. But all new familiies I make (up until 3 days ago) don't stay there. Oh yes I know to find them in the people bin I take them out of that and put them into the house doesn't matter what house and save after I exit the game and come back they are not in the house i put them in.

sorry about the lack of info :rolleyes:

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

No problem. Sorry for my lack of knowledge. I wish I could help ... if that happened to me I'd be tempted to reinstall the game, but I'm not sure that will help.

Do you have a lot of hacks and/or downloads? If so, the only thing I can think of is, move your downloads folder to another location on your hard drive (and your packaged lots too if you downloaded any) and then see if your game works properly. If it does you'll know it's the downloads and/or hacks. I'd then reintroduce them slowly to try to isolate the culprit.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything. Anyone else want to chime in?

5. stonegolem

stonegolem New Member

so far I've noticed that the problem does not occur in pleasantview or the new dowtown of nightlife, I might try to check strangetown. veronaville is where it happened.

6. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

CAS should be global.

Have you tried removing the neighborhood file so the game makes a new one?
    ( My Docs, EA Games, The Sims 2, Neighborhoods, N003. ) Move that file to the desktop then try starting the game again.

7. stonegolem

stonegolem New Member

CAS? Ok what will happen to my sims will they all get deleted? So your telling me that If I remove neighborhood 3 (Veronaville) it will just automatically make a new one?

8. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

The CAS (Create A Sim) files should be global. Just put the N003 folder onto the desktop, then all your sims are there.
    Yes the game will make the neighborhood again.
    Try CAS and if it works we can talk about getting your sims back.

9. stonegolem

stonegolem New Member

Hey Flameback thanks for your help I just was experimenting with the game and seems that installing Nightlife fixed it I created some people in Veronaville and they were still there after I started the game again! If i have any more trouble (heaven forbid :rolleyes: ) I will post again.