Troubleshooting another question about sytem requirements

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by amiss83, Sep 3, 2004.

1. amiss83

amiss83 New Member

another question about sytem requirements

Ok, I am just wondering if my specs meet the requirements.

Windows xp
    254 MB of RAM
    Intel 82845G/GL Graphics Card
    1.8 GHz

I am planning on buying a new video card. I don't have an AGP port, so what do people recommend? Something not too cheap and not too expensive. Also, since I am buying a T&L capable card does that mean my CPU is ok? Or should I replace that with a 2.2 GHz processor instead of the PCI card? I am just wondering if it would work one way or the other. Or either. And I am buying more memory, because I know I need more.

2. Supernova

Supernova New Member

id say get the new vid card. The system meets the requirements, but is on the lower end of the spectrum.

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

With that video card (which is a supported, but nonT&L card) you need to have at least a 2.0ghz processor to run the game. So, it would be good to get a new card. (Replacing the processor is often harder and more expensive, and doesn't really fix the problem: that card won't let you see the textures and will have to simplify the rendering of the polygons in order to display quickly.)

So, if you only have PCI slots, then go with either a PCI Radeon 9200 or a PCI FX 5200. They aren't wonderful cards, but it's a smarter way to go than replacing the processor instead of the videocard.