How Do I Anyone know which Sims game is better?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Panda0_o, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Panda0_o

Panda0_o New Member

I was just wondering....

I'll check in tomorrow. So Bye!

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Do you mean expansion pack? I like them all pretty equally. They each have added unique things to the game that I'd miss without them. University adds another age group and more want slots, Nightlife adds cars and real dates and just more fun interactions downtown, Open for business is fun just to be able to own a business!

Maybe if you were a little more specific on your question that would help.

Also, one other thing. Instead of posting a reply to your first post, please edit it instead. Otherwise it's called bumping your own thread and it's highly frowned upon here. We're big on etiquette. ;)

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

That's a very open ended question. And it's also a very personal issue if you are talking about which EPs are best.

Some people feel that University is the best and the others are not worth their time.

Some people feel that Nightlife is the best and others not worth the time.

Some people feel that OFB is the best and others are not worth the time.

Some people really like the stuff packs (such as Family Fun or the Holiday Fun pack) and EPs are not worth the time.

Basically, your mileage may vary depending on they way you like to play.

Personally, I love all the EPs and Family fun as well. (I didn't get the Holiday stuff because I wasn't that interested in holidays. Now I wish I had.) I wouldn't want to play without any of them at this point. I can't even rank which ones I like better than others.

4. dark_raider101

dark_raider101 New Member

I love all of them. At least the ones I have. I getting University delivered to me. I love Nightlife. Each expansion pack is different and I like each of them for different reasons!

5. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

The only one I didn't like was University, but having said that there are features in it (like the new careers) that I'm glad I have. So I don't regret buying it.

My favourite so far is probably OFB because it was nothing like what I expected. It really surprised me and I enjoy the new game play (running businesses). I think you'll really have to wait until all the expansion packs have been released to find out which one is really our favourite though. The next one could be even better than the ones we have now.

Cass.

6. alphaspot

alphaspot New Member

I used to think university was not that fun.But now i regret buying the other to first.

7. horror.show

horror.show New Member

I think nightlfe because you can make your sims VAMPIRES!!!! MUUUHAHAHA .. :D

8. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

My favorite is Nightlife, too. I like vampires, but I really like the dates and all the interactions my sims can do like slow dance and hold hands across the table, stuff like that.

I really like OFB, though, too. I haven't gotten into running businesses as much as I thought I would but I plan to do so more in the future, and that's just it. It gives you more to do if you want it. Plus I love that my sims can pass businesses down to the next generation. Eventually you can have a real empire if you want one.

And I like the skill-building stations. Making toys is cool.

University, despite what my story might make it seem, is my least favorite, but I highly recommend it because it adds so many features. Plus, college is where my sims decide who they're going to marry, generally, and gain a whole lot of skills. I almost always start my new sims as college students so they can have the six want slots. I also like the four new career paths.

What I don't like about uni is it does get tedious. But that's partly my fault. No one told me I had to have 25 sims this generation. :rolleyes: It's more fun if you can concentrate on one or two sims. I generally play 8 in a house, which makes things lively, but it's hard to give every sim what they want.

I'm pretty proud when I've got all 8 in the platinum, but it doesn't happen often. Usually I have settle for gold and green.