How Do I Apartment Buildings?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Valerie114, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Valerie114

Valerie114 New Member

Apartment Buildings?

I just wanted to know if anyone knew how I could make an apartment building with different apts. and where many people can live in there w/o going into each other's apts....
    I have seen apts on thesims2.com, but I just wanted to know how to make my own...
    I would really apreciate it

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You could build a condo style apt block and put the lockable dorm door on each apt ... you'd have to make sure that every flat was fully self contained. The downside is that all the inhabitants would still be part of a commune.

3. Valerie114

Valerie114 New Member

so can i put the dorm door even if i'm not in the campus...lets say i wanted to put in lets say Pleasantville? or Verona?

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Yes. I've used them myself. Be warned that having one stops maids but won't stop them making a song and dance about not be able to get to what they want to clean.

5. Kondros

Kondros New Member

Are there other versions of the dorm doors?, like prettier ones :)

6. Kondros

Kondros New Member

And is it possible to get two sims in one dorm?, like that bedroom of the parents, the one one of the children, and the one of the maid

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Eh? Prettier doors? Not yet, watch for developments on the moddding board. Pretty doors will be certain to show up eventually. ;)

2 sims in one dorm? You mean two in one room or two in one dorm building? You can have as many per dorm building as you like (up to 8 as per usual). Only one sim can claim a door, but any other sim can go thru it so long as it is not locked. I haven't investigated all the options yet but I have crammed a double bed into a room for woohooing purposes ... Mason had the urge and Tiffany seemed willing so rather than spoil his nice room I sold her cheapo bed and bought her the cheapest double and they er ... well you get the idea.

Tikcles me to death, by the way, the way the NPC dormies just stand around inside their rooms ... no wonder they're always tired and grumpy. I've gotten a really decnet student house together with a wide range of students in residence. So as one graduates and leaves I can rev-up another teen from the 'hood to move in with nice fat wedge of scholarship money. I just worked it out that 6 students sharing and making A+ at the end of every semester brings in over $50,000 over the whole undergraduate period. Who said students are poor? Mine aren't. :p

8. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

There are a variety of doors avalaible at www.simlogical.com. The family only door might be what you need.

9. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Make sure that the door has been tested in University. On Inge Jone's site I noticed last week that she states she had not been able to test the doors she's made to make sure that they are compatible with TS2U. And since they are hacked, the original maker needs to make it work. (It can evidently cause problems to try to use the batch fix on them if you weren't the person who made them in the first place and knows exactly what needs to be changed.)

However, it it probably won't be long before she fixes them. (And probably comes up with some new things based on the codes for the dorm rooms.)