Apple introduces "iPhone"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Jan 10, 2007.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Apple introduces "iPhone"

Anybody want to buy me an early birthday present? :D

An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator. An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator.... these are NOT three separate devices!

Attached Files:

2. ManagerJosh

More pictures :D

Attached Files:

3. ManagerJosh

and more :)

Attached Files:

4. ManagerJosh

and more

Attached Files:

5. ManagerJosh

and more :D

Attached Files:

6. ManagerJosh

and more..

Attached Files:

7. ManagerJosh

Accessories!!

Attached Files:

8. ManagerJosh

Other shots..

other shots

Attached Files:

9. ManagerJosh

Final images?

Final set of images I hope..

Attached Files:

10. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Oh my!

That is SOME toy! I would imagine it costs a small fortune? Being a mobile phone (and ipod) newbie I would have no idea what they are capable of these days but THAT toy looks pretty cool. :D

Add it to your list for Santa? :p

11. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

This is new? Mobiles have been doing this for ages (we even have them in aus :rolleyes:) and besides it's made by apple so I assume it will be useless anyway.

Also what is an 'internet mobile communicator'? I assume that it just means it can connect to the internet like any other phone that has been out for more than 3yrs?

12. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I love it. :) I want one :)

I adore Apple products.

13. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Flamey, Flamey Flamey...You're certainly living up to your name!

Yes, other mobiles can do many of the things that the iPhone can - but NONE are able to do it so intuitively and elegantly! For example, browsing the internet on my Samsung phone is DOABLE at best, but is generally a painful process involving much scrolling about just trying to find the section you are looking for.

With the iPhone, on the other hand, the web page will load so that you can see the whole page in order to get a sense of the layout. Then, to actually read the section you are interested in, you just place your thumb and forefinger on either side of the section, spread you fingers apart, and voila! That portion is enlarged! Repeat the process, only this time pinch your fingers together, and the section is reduced in size. Try THAT with another phone!

That is just one of the many elegant innovations Apple has introduced with this phone. Just as with the iPod, Apple was not the first to the party, but because they are focussed on the details and improving the user experience, they end up doing it better than anyone else!

The iPhone may not be for everyone, but I, for one, will be lining up as soon as my current contract winds up! :D

14. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

15. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

:coolnessl:

16. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I should mention that this lawsuit is going to have no impact on the outcome of the iPhone. Apple has been in negotiations with Cisco for use of the iPhone name since long before MacWorld San Fransisco. I think an agreement will be reached very quickly.

I should also mention, Cisco's already risked losing its European Trademark on the "iPhone."

:D

17. ManagerJosh

I sincerely doubt they'll pursue it. It's merely a way for them to grab attention away from Apple's iPhone and divert it to Cisco/Linksys iPhone line :)

18. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

PLUS since this product isn't even shipping until June, Apple could easily change the name, if they had to, to something else. Either way, it doesn't really matter WHAT they call it...People will still buy it, and most people will still refer to it as the iPhone!

19. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

The only reason I'm not buying one is that I will not switch services over a phone.

20. ManagerJosh

That's why you find one that's "unlocked"