SimCity Societies application error 0xc0000142?

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by jaredcox, Jan 9, 2009.

1. jaredcox

jaredcox New Member

application error 0xc0000142?

I installed simcity box and when i went to play societies I get application error message. Says it failed to initialize properly? my dx diag is attached, can someone please help?
    I have gone through other threads that are relavent and have uninstalled and reinstalled after I cleaned up disc space and refraged my comp. I tried to download the 2nd service pack but it says that there was a problem installing societies and that I might need to reinstall. As I have already installed the game twice I dont think thats the problem, but I am computer stupid soooo........ PLEASE I really want to play this game.

Also I have noticed threads with 900 viewers and no replies, If my problem is like those with no replies could someone please tell me where I might be able to find a solution, thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

If you can't find anything here the I'd suggest you try out the www.simtropolis.com website.
    Sounds to me like a file didn't get copied over correctly in the install.
    Personally I would try reinstalling and turn the Anti-virus off when you install the game.