Are you buying Sims 3?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ManagerJosh, Apr 13, 2008.

?

Will you be buying The Sims 3?

1. Definitely Yes!

26 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. Maybe!

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Probably Not

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Ask me later...

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Are you buying Sims 3?

Are you buying Sims 3? Vote on the poll and tell us why or why not! :D

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Yes...and I really have no clue on why to tell you the truth. I'm more interested in seeing how the game is constructed with their file types instead of actually playing the game. :)

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I'd rather wait and see until I make a firm decision.

4. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

I haven't finished with Sims 2 yet! So I'm an "ask me later".
    x

5. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I chose "maybe". I'm going to wait for everybody else to get it and give me a review of it, then I make my mind up if it's worth the money or not. Plus, I need a new computer for it too. (I've been needing a new computer for a long time... *sigh*) To get or not to get? Right now I'm leaning more to the left, I must say -- even if it doesn't look that great.

6. buzaranha

buzaranha New Member

Definitely yes. I won't be able to hold my curiosity.

7. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

As it stands now I'll get it because it looks great but who knows I may totally loose interest in playing the game by the time it comes out.

Ruth

8. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

maybe... I guess it depends on whether my computer will be able to run it or not..:rolleyes:

9. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I checked ask me later as well. Depends on mutiple factors. 1. Computer specs. 2. Money 3. What's going on in our lives at the time. We could be moving, pregnant, have a baby, who knows! It's a ways away still.

10. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

I ticked Ask Me later too.

My computer spec is more than enough but not sure about my own family commitments/available free time when Sims 3 is released. From the game point of view, I do like the idea of the Trait system, but also a little concerned about the simultaneous time aspect of the game. Not yet sure if I prefer Sims 2 even with its 'lot loading' limitations. Somehow I prefer to have complete control over the aging aspect of the families in my game.

11. NCrabs

NCrabs New Member

I'm pretty much all Simmed 2 out. I need a change.
    I voted "Definitely Yes" , because I plan to continue having no-life next year also, upon it's release.:p I'll have plenty of free time ....

12. NCrabs

NCrabs New Member

Wish I could change my poll answer to "Ask Me Later', also.
    This EA Copy Protection stuff is making me completely Schizoid right now... lol
    Who knows what playing Sims3 will entail by the time it is released.

13. shuttlegrannyjo

shuttlegrannyjo New Member

I checked no...not if it'll have SecuROM on it.

14. azsimmer

azsimmer New Member

I chose ask me later, I have an issue with the unverisal aging, that hasn't been presented enough to me or properly.. Also not liking the current SecuROM being announced.. My Sims 2 issues are bad enough.. I was really looking forward to Sims 3 and now I feel so dissappointed about what I have seen, it makes me sad.. I really wanted to be excited..

15. benjamin385

benjamin385 New Member

I am Defiantly buying the sims 3

16. suitemichelle

Defiantly or definitely?

thinking about it. question, does anyone know does securom kick in if you put it on a machine that is not hooked up to the internet?

17. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

As far as we know thus far, DRM has not been decided yet for The Sims 3.

18. jeffrompas

jeffrompas New Member

I think i'll decide it later. After seeing it in action.

19. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Well the DRM, which I'm assuming is what I know as Securom, will probably be similar to what's on Spore. I hope not since the last time I heard anything official they had not decided. But I think they will probably have at least something similar to what is on Spore. With what I've heard so far about it I'll have to change my vote to definately not getting TS3. I say that with a heavy heart because I've been really looking forward to playing TS3.

If I find out that an internet connection is not required to play the game I may change my mind. There is just no way that I am going to pay for a game, then pay to add the internet to my computer and EA to be able to come in and shut my game down whenever they please.

Ruth

20. suitemichelle

That is so how I feel... could not have said it better.