Arm Shoulder Pain? or just a Beggar?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kuu, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Kuu

Kuu New Member

Arm Shoulder Pain? or just a Beggar?

Why does a sim hold his arm up from the shoulder out to the side bent at the elbow like his shoulder or arm is in pain? They do it constantly once they start, while eating, reading, swimming, everything. Sometimes after sleeping they go back to normal but not always. It looks pretty freaky because the hand on that arm never touches the item that they are interacting with.

At first I thought that it was a way of begging for a back rub or something. But then I had one sim do it as soon as he landed on his first lot.
    I think it is always the right arm, but I could be wrong. And have had it happen to over a dozen sims. So far I have only noticed it happening to adults.

I have searched the forum and cannot find this addressed anywhere. Anyone have this happen and what are your ideas, solutions for this?

Thanks ~ Kuu

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

That's how they complain. They are waving for your attention so they can gripe, "Yoo-Hoo, I'm tired and uncomfortable, take care of me!!"

3. Kuu

Kuu New Member

No, not waving or yoo hooing, they just hold their arm out to the side away from their body, contantly sometimes for days on end. :(

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Does it look like as though they're holding an invisible plate? If so I believe that it is part of the so-called emitter bug. This is where stink clouds, bubbles etc. attach themselves to a sim or object for long periods. It usually occurs when you cancel a sim's action or rush them thru a task with high speed. I've even had a sink faucet remain running for days at a time. Quite amusing when I deleted the sink the 'magic' water just appeared from nowhere and poured into the counter top. It only disappeared when I reloaded the game ... but then I sorta missed my sims' cool water feature ....

5. Kuu

Kuu New Member

"Does it look like as though they're holding an invisible plate? If so I believe that it is part of the so-called emitter bug."

That might be the ticket! Could not see a stink bubble or anything. Next time I see it I will try to get a shot of it, Thanks

and yes I too have had the water feature, had it happen with a toilet also, looked pretty neat all bubbly and blue.

6. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I think this is the "mangled arm bug", which is not noticeably related to the emitter bug, where the Sim holds out their arm in a weird, awkwards, broken-looking position because of a disrupted interaction involving that arm in the past. Unlike the emitter bug, it doesn't go away quite as easily and nothing short of deleting the affected Sim appears to cure the stuck arm. Not even the community lot and back thing unsticks the arm.

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

That's interesting. I've had my Sim's arm stuck in a weird position (almost like there was an invisible cast on him, which was there even when he was asleep) and it eventually went away on it's own. It came back again another time (on the same Sim) but went away faster that time and I've not seen it since.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Yes, me too, Kat. I classed this bug with the emitter bug because it occurs in a similar way and so far, on the 3 or 4 occasions I have seen it, it always rectifies itself with a save, exit and restart. Now I'm wondering if a really resistant case of 'broken arm' bug would be cured by an age transition? Maybe SimPE could be used as a last resort ...

9. J. M. Pescado

A really resistant case of broken-arm is generally cured by deleting the affected sim and forcing him to be entirely respawned from scratch.

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I haven't yet tried this in TS2, JM. In TS1 deleting a sim often resulted in a respawning with zero skills ...???

11. J. M. Pescado

Always save immediately before a deletion. A Sim which is deleted will be reverted to his last "Saved" state in TS1, which, if you gained many skills in the periods between saves, would all be lost. This applies to TS2 as well, but a Sim in TS2 does not respawn until you exit the lot (saving), and reenter. So save, then delete the affected Sim, save and exit the lot, and then return. Your Sim will have only lost the 0 seconds of time which have elapsed between being deleted and you reloading the lot. It is advisable that you do this immediately after the Sim awakens, or you'll mess up their energy level, as all needs are reset when a Sim is deleted and respawned, just like in TS1. Unless, of course, you WANT to abuse this to reset your Sim needs.....but that's an awful lot of loading time when you could have just used the energizer.