Troubleshooting Assistance Please

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by fpstom, Jan 4, 2008.

1. fpstom

fpstom New Member

Assistance Please

Hello all. My first post..wOOO HOOOO !!!!

Well, im trying to install the sim2 pets on my GF's computer. She runs the TS2 (no expansion packs) fine all the time no freeziing, but when she loads any expansion pack the game freezes about 30-60 minutes into the game, it then quickly blue screens and then reboots back to the windows logon. She has a IBM T42 (laptop). I cant find a clear answer as to whether or not her video card (internal) is good enough for expansion packs. I tried to get to the servopro system checker website but all the link give me a 404 error: not found. I can run the sim2 fine on my computer with the same expansion packs installed. But then again i have a super high end custom PC i built. I would like to know if anyone has a copy of the system requirement checker i can use. If not is a 32MB ATI Radeon 7500 compatible with SIms2 ? i know sims 2 requires 32 mb of video to run...Im pretty sure that this is her issue but i just wanted to check to see if anyone uses a similar model laptop or knows anything more than i do. Thank you. (the laptop works perfectly outside of this issue, im a senior helpdesk tech so that much i know)

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Try this,

Go to your Start Menu, select Run and type in DXDIAG. It will bring up your computer specs. Save all of that to a text file and upload it here.

That either sounds like a memory issue or a graphics card issue.

3. fpstom

fpstom New Member

Yeah im leaning more towards video, the machine has 1.5 gb of RAM in there. Havent run a memtest yet (dont think its necessary at this point) I cant run a dxdiag as i do not have the laptop on hand. I will run that when i get my hands on the laptop later today and post the info. I do have a brand new laptop laying around that will prob be better on (dual core, better video) I just wanted to make sure it was the laptop before i break out the new stuff. Ill post back later, thanks for the assistance.