Been waiting to say this for the longest time....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, May 1, 2011.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Whoohoo!!! :ROFLMAO:

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Good Effing riddance!

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It's a relief. However, jubilation disturbs me because it reminds me too much of how the other side acts when they kill one of our troops.

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

At the end of the day, I view it in this perception:

I'm glad Osama Bin Laden is dead only because as the figure head of Al Qaeda, he's been nothing but causing unnecessary bloodshed and violence. Hopefully by removing him, no one will take his place and that we can start beginning the full recovery and healing process. Add to that, the ability to bring our troops home.

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

He's been very sick for a long time. I suspect that others have really been in charge during that time and they only brought him out as a figurehead. This in no way ends the problem of al Qaeda.

Frankly, the thing that is going to end al Qaeda is that the Islamic nations are going to decide to modernize and take more control of their own countries (such as is going on over most of the Middle East right now). Al Qaeda is going to be seen as an unhelpful and overly violent way of doing what they have been able to accomplish by other means (such as has already happened in Egypt.) We're just going to have to wait to see how it all shakes out.