Bev's House of Beauty

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Oct 24, 2005.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Bev's House of Beauty

So, I am tired of fashion victims in my game and decided to take matters into my own hands ... enter Beverly Patterson, beautician and friend to the fashion backwards.

Bev is a popularity sim, who won the motherlode lottery and decided to use her money to help others. She has a nice house, a ferrari, and every entertainment device I could fit on her lot. She also has a spare bedroom, ready for her first client.

She went out her first day in town and met more than 20 sims, a few of whom count as fashion rejects.

Her plan? Move 'em in, pretty 'em up, move 'em out. Too bad she doesn't have a plastic surgery machine, but I do plan for her to have a renu-u-whatsit ... once they move out I plan to move them to NPC row, where they will spend eternity as I never plan to play them again.

Anyway, could be fun ... and in the process she just may make her goal of 20 simultaneous best friends.

Kennedy Cox, Sandy Bruty, Brandi LeTourneau ... come on down to Bev's House of Beauty! No one wears long sleeves with shorts, and baseball jerseys are so 1987. A little makeup, a new 'do ... if you can't be pretty, you can at least be fashionable. :D

2. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

If you want to get the Plastic Surgery machine, you could always use the cheat to unlock the career rewards:
    enter unlockCareerRewards in the cheat box, and the selected Sim then has access to all the career reward objects in the catalogue:D

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Why didn't you name her "Edna Mole?" LMAO!!

(I have watched "The Incredibles" with the kiddies a few times too many, I believe)

4. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Yeah, I've always hated those EXTREME MAKEOVER stories on the exchange, but I have a feeling that I'll enjoy reading this. ;)

5. surprised_by_witches

Not sure I want to do the plastic surgery route ... but thanks for the tip, Shintoga.

And thanks for the vote of confidence, 123. :)

I was considering whether to do this as a blog on the official website, but I have dialup, so I'm not sure I'd be able to post it. My page is sadly empty on that site because of my dialup limitations.

(BTW, I think they should have a clothing exchange, don't you?)

So, I think I'll do it here, with pictures. I haven't done much with Bev yet. Too busy learning how to play a vampire. Boy is she a pain in the butt ... :p

6. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Well, people on the official website pretty much use the sims exchange to upload their clothing.

7. surprised_by_witches

Ah, that makes sense. But then are you stuck with the sims? I downloaded Cruella deVil on my old machine and I got her as a sim clone. Not sure I'd want an entire bin of other people's sims.

8. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

You don't actually get the Sims in your Sim bin, you get the "parts" for the Sim to put together in CAS. You can find them in them in the upper righthand corner of the CAS menu next to the random button.

At least they're out of the way that way. =)