Black Make Up

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Mirelly, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Black Make Up

OK I will move this thread into an appropriate area if and when it produces any useful results. Meanwhile I post here cos this seems to be where most folks look every day ... :rolleyes:

I am white and have no idea at all about make-up rules for black skin. What I do know is that in recent decades many cosmetic firms have produced ranges specially geared to the needs of black women. So I am hoping that someone out there can give us all a few pointers as to what works and what definitely doesn't and also maybe (pretty please) some links to sites with make up in black-friendly shades.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

It looks as if no one here knows the answer to your question. I'm white, too, and know nothing about makeup for any skin tone :eek: , but have you been to Helaene's site recently? (www.helaene.com) I just checked it and she's added more makeup, skins and genetics. It gives me goose bumps just looking at her sims. I suspect she knows a lot about makeup for different skintones.

3. Narra Girl

Narra Girl New Member

if you have bodyshop you can make some mad eye make up there, the possibilities are endless.

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I'm white too, but living in an area where I'm in the minority. My African-American girlfriends wear makeup that is a little darker and more of an earthtone than what I wear. For example: I wear a pinkish shade of blush, but they have a darker, deeper rust color that blends well with their skin tones. They wear a lot of browns and violets for lipsticks and eyeshadows. I also see many of them wearing gold tones and sparkly makeup. Younger girls are doing this two-toned lipstick thing: They put on a dark pink or violet lipliner, and then a very light or clear gloss over it. I downloaded one that style at Well Dressed Sims, but I can't remember if it was a subscriber-only download.

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

hurrah!!!

I knew that I had downloaded some blushes that were what I think you're looking for: www.mercosims2.com look for ebony brick, ebony black cherry, etc.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Awesome link, Michelle. BTW ... I know I'm a bit slow but I love the new avatar :)

7. simsyth

simsyth *SIMS2 cool*

Im not white im green.

You could type in on image searches "Black people" or you could go on google and try "Black makeup"

and plus im a dude
    ....last time i checked....

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL SimSyth but it's the sucking of eggs I really have trouble with ;)

9. simsyth

simsyth *SIMS2 cool*

Hehe Please dont call me dumb but i dotn quite get the egg thing:)

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

duh ... "teaching grandma to suck eggs" ... ;)

11. simsyth

simsyth *SIMS2 cool*

I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE!!!...soz i had to do that:D

ok :)