Troubleshooting Black Screen w/ 1 Family in Sims 2 Double Deluxe w/ Sims 2 Pets (Windows 7)

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Greetings. Sled God, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Greetings. Sled God

Greetings. Sled God New Member

Black Screen w/ 1 Family in Sims 2 Double Deluxe w/ Sims 2 Pets (Windows 7)

I have never had problems with this game before. I combined two of the premade families in one house, and it's been working fine for a few weeks. One of my sims got abducted by aliens, and was pregnant. Meanwhile, I sent another family member to go downtown. As he was about to leave, the pregnant dude suddenly gave birth to twins, then it cut to the downtown loading screen. It worked fine in all the downtown areas. Then I had the downtown sim go home. The loading screens went sucessfully, and shifted to a black screen with a cash register in the upper left hand corner. The cash register was slightly faded, and the whole screen never progressed beyond that point. I tried restarting the game multiple times. The other families work fine, and all the members of this family show up in the neighborhood screen, but when I click to play their household, I get the same black screen/cash register that doesn't go away. The sims in that family seem unaltered when they're invited over to other families houses, but there house won't load. Does anyone know how I can fix this without reinstalling?

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

If other houses are fine in that neighborhood, the house file is corrupt, reinstalling won't help and there's nothing you can do.

3. Greetings. Sled God

Greetings. Sled God New Member