Body Shop Rocks but EA sucks

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Mirelly, May 12, 2004.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Body Shop Rocks but EA sucks

I can't be the only one, surely?

I have utterly failed to complete a simple registration and so I cannot upload my first efforts.

First the link on the body shop page. Not there. Removed by my firewall. Turn off firewall. Refresh. Goto to EA and register. Try to upload.
    Get:- username/password incorrect.

I've had it.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

hmmmmm .... wonder if my 'signature' doesn't look a tad ironic beneath the whinge above ... (thought I'd suggest it before someone else did ... :p )

3. Bri5002

Bri5002 New Member

Hmm.. Well I have not uploaded yet so I would not know.
    I'll have to try somtime

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

lol. I wasn't in a very good mood when I posted that message.

Internet security is all very well but sometimes its a real pain. My Firewall (most folks who have a firewall will experience something similar) does things to every page that it loads.

I've learned a lot about web design by peeking at the source code of cool webpages. When I first stated using Norton Firewall I started noticing some code that a lot of designers were using all of a sudden ... it was some time before it dawn on me that it was me Firewall adding the code ... (OK I'll come clean. I didn't finally figure it out until the day I happened to check the source code of a page I'd written myself ... Oh, Man did I have a red face that day!)

The reason why I was so annoyed is that I cannot think of a single reason why Maxis/EA should have chosen to code the page that contains the link to register a username in such a way that one of the world's most-sold software-firewall would automatically strip the link out. It was only because I have some idea about how web-pages are put together that I was able to (a) infer that there there was a link missing from my page and (b) work out how to get it to appear. I wonder how many others struggled away in silence or just gave up!

5. crdpolaris

crdpolaris New Member

Norton anything is crap. When I bought McAfee firewall/virus protection it caught 3 viruses that my updated Norton couldn't find and I got a lot less errors with my firewall.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Now I remember thinking something very similar -- but opposite -- when I swopped from McAfee to Norton.

It's a funny thing, ain't it? The whole world of computing is exactly like religion. It doesn't matter where you you stand someone will come along and tell ya that you've got it all wrong ... x-box vs game cube, console vs pc, NN vs IE, Mac vs Windows, Intel vs Athlon and just like in religion folks get pretty opinionated as to what's better than what.

Nice post Polaris ... ya made me chuckle ;)