Troubleshooting Bon Voyage DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapters

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by kmgb, Sep 9, 2007.

1. kmgb

kmgb New Member

Bon Voyage DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapters

Hi there,
    I'm having the same problem as lyndsey2906 but I wasn't sure if I was suppose to post in that thread or start a new one. Sorry if I made a mistake. I have my info listed below
    • Processor: Intel Pentium M processor 1.60 GHz
    • System Memory RAM: 1014MB RAM
    • Windows Version: Microsoft XP Home Edition (5.1 Build 2600)
    • Free Hard Disc Space: 39,697,043,584 37,2GB
    • Total Hard Disc Space: 79,809,859,584 bytes 74.3 GB
    • DirectX Version: 9.0c(4.09.0000.0904)
    • Display Adapter (Graphic/Video Card) Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS 910GML Express
    • Display Driver igxprd32.dll version 6.14.0010.4764 (English) date 1/13/2007 10:33:00
    • Approximate Total Video Memory 128.0 MB
    • Game Detail: Sims 2, Celebration Stuff, H & M Stuff, Bon Voyage Expansion Pack
    • Nature of problem: I have played my Sims 2 game with Celebration and H & M with no problems. I just bought and installed Bon Voyage yesterday. It installed with no problems but when I tried to play the game it gave me a message that said
    Failed to enumerate any DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapters and have installed the latest manufacturer provided driver. The application will now terminate

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am so excited to play this game!:D

2. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Have you looked for graphics card driver updates ?
    Also a bit worried about 1.60 GHz . I can be wrong. someone here might have a better knowledge of this.

3. kmgb

kmgb New Member

Is the 1.60 GHz to little?

Also here is my latest update. I went to Intel's site and installed the latest driver. Then I uninstalled the game and reinstalled, so now my game will load but it freezes on the first page that looks like a title page and says The Sims 2 Bon Voyage.

4. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

This new expansion is new so don't worry yet. I'm sure soon somebody else will answer your questions on processor speed. :)

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I am so sorry but you computer is a long below the needed specification to play even the base game. You would have gotten away with this, just, until now, but Bon Voyage, being much more heavily dependent on graphics resources, is forced to be stricter in assessing your system.

EA's system requirements, for Bon Voyage, says:

6. kmgb

kmgb New Member

Ok so I'm a little lost. My whole computer isn't good enough to play the game? So I couldn't get a better video card? (I'm not even sure if that's possible, sorry I'm so clueless about computers.) Thanks for the help :eek:

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I'm afraid that upgrading the graphics on a laptop is not possible.

8. kmgb

kmgb New Member

Ok. Thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it :)

9. Ninjakiwi123

Ninjakiwi123 New Member