Bug Experiences in Sims 2 University

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 4, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Bug Experiences in Sims 2 University

Post your Bug Experiences in Sims 2 University :)

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

This one is Ticking Me OFF!!!

No one seems to know how I can fix it. I have no more hacked objects that I can find with the Clean Installer. But I still have problems with my icons! All my memory icons are blank squares, no icons to let me know what kind of a memory it is. I like to look at their memories during the game to refresh myself. It's one of my favorite aspects of TS2. Plus, many times while my Sims are having conversations or thoughts, their talk/thought balloons are scambled lines. Not every time, but enough to be annoying. Plus, I get empty squares in their action quey for move, taxi, and some other actions.

Other, smaller bugs I've noticed:

When my sims go to class, the game puts up 2 actions, 1 is "go to class", and the other one is "move". They always have both actions in their quey when they go to class.

Last night I was trying to pledge a sorority again. One of the "Buffys" froze. At 1st I was happy, I was hoping she's hold still long enough to have a conversation, but when I told my sim to chat with her, she froze, too. When I "X'ed" it out of her action quey, she moved around again, but the Buffy stayed frozen until the whole mini-game was over. Then she proceeded to follow my poor little looser sim into the bathroom and laugh at her "shortcomings" in the shower!!! :( I hate Buffys! LOL This might be my last try at pledging.

3. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

With the sorority house that same thing happened to me! The greek houes are my only complaint.

4. imnotu1

imnotu1 New Member

Agreed, one of the sorority girls froze after pledging was complete so now she's a statue in the dining room

5. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

If you haven't tried it's the same with the sorority boys

6. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

Sounds like a file corruption to me. You probably won't want to, but you might try reinstalling the game.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Wow! They have sorority boys? How frightfully Bohemian! :p:rolleyes:;) I do not know I can manage to keep waiting. Maybe I should've stowed away on Steve Fosset's plane to get into the US by stealth in order to get myself a copy of this risqu l'il expansion pack for the world's most popular PC game. :cool:::))

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

LMAO at Mirelly!!! I think Flamey meant Frat boys. I don't think she's old enough for college yet, and doesn't know there's a diffrence. LOL

9. Chris

Chris New Member

Ah well, it can't possibly be any worse than RollerCoaster Tycoon 3!

10. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

I'm considerably older but I don't know the difference either. But then I'm French Canadian so that's my excuse :)

11. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The fraternities and sororities are supposedly unisex (as in males can get into sororities and females into fraternities.)

For me, it makes sense. I'm a member of several "fraternities" and they take both males and females. (Which would make sense, since I'm definitely female.) It never made sense to me that there were no sorority groups (but I suspect that's because they existed prior to women being common in college situations.)

Somehow, I doubt that a "young adult" in a sorority is going to be any more risque than the coed dorms. ;)

But as to the bug issue, I've fortunately escaped the problem so far. (But then, I haven't added in any of my objects except for some of Merola's that people had already checked out for problems.)