How Do I building apartment

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by coralark, Sep 12, 2008.

1. coralark

coralark New Member

building apartment

i made an apartment building and when i go into the apartment under build mode, all the furniture is there, when i move a family into the apartment about 95% of the furniture disappears from ALL the apartments...there's 4....even after i click a door and rent it the furniture doesn't show up....anyone know why or how i can fix it?

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I don't think you can. I think only lighting fixtures, kitchen and bathroom items stay. Same idea if you were renting your own apartment. You bring your own furnishings.

3. coralark

coralark New Member

that's what i thought too but the beds and some rugs stayed behind as well as all the bathroom and kitchen furniture

4. jupitershana

well that's weird. Wonder why the rugs and beds stayed. It wasn't the drop down bed from the wall was it?

5. coralark

coralark New Member

nope they weren't the drop down ones....i thought it was weird too b/c the apartments that come with the game are all furnished and the furniture doesn't disappear when you move a family into them....and the minute i move my family out and then go into the apartment in build mode, everything is there! and it's weird too b/c i made driveways in the front and had cars in them and from the neighborhood screen i can see the cars but when i go into it, the cars are gone too....

6. coralark

coralark New Member

here's another thing the furniture that's upstairs is still there but i can't click on it when in buy mode and when i try to put anything else upstairs it says location out of bounds....but i can click on the bed and stuff and have my sim use it. i tried using move_objects on and it doesn't work

7. jupitershana

Well that's right, without a cheat you can't move or place things outside the apartment you're currently playing. But you can visit neighbors and use things in their apartments. Their apartment will show furniture once you knock on their doors or go in their apartments. It will fade out again though.

Cheats (use all 3 to enable everything in build/buy mode:(

boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false
    boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false
    boolProp apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions false

You do need to make sure you click on live mode for at least 1 second for them to kick in before going to build/buy modes.

8. coralark

coralark New Member

thanks i'll have to try the cheats and see if they work....even in the apartment i'm playing i can't go into buy mode and click on stuff upstairs or place furniture upstairs...maybe it's a glitch in my game or i did something wrong when i was building it....

9. jupitershana

Is it the apartment, the active sims you are playing, residing in within the building? Or a neighbor sim's apartment? If it's a neighbor sim's then you won't be able to do anything with it.

10. coralark

coralark New Member

i can't click on the active sims upstairs furniture when in buy/build mode....which stinks b/c i only furnished one bedroom when i was building it and that bedroom furniture stayed when i moved my sim in and when i moved her into her apartment and went into buy mode to finish furnishing the upstairs it wouldn't let me, it said location out of bounds...and i couldn't click on the bedroom furniture that was there from when i built it...but i can click on it when i'm in live mode and have her use it...i don't know how it is in the other 3 apartments in the same building but that's how it is in the one i've been playing