business?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by nattiboy13, Jul 18, 2006.

1. nattiboy13

nattiboy13 New Member

business?

i just bought the sims2 and OFB and am waiting patiently to play. i am currently waiting on a new graphics card and have been goin crazy by reading all of your posts. I keep getting ideas of what i want to do with my sims and what not. so i have a couple of questions... i want to open a business, so what is the easiest business to run? and what is the most successful way to build a business?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The easiest business is some sort of park where customers buy a ticket to stay and use the facilities. Also relatively simple is a small shop selling a small range of items from the buy catalog. Crafting products to sell and running restaurants is hard work.

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Believe it or not, my top business is a Memorial Garden. :D

I put ticket-machines at the front gate, put in high-end plumbing facilites and then some other things to make it worth the price of admission, like grills, swings, and a bubble-blower in a back building. Put all the graves in the gardens and planted some trees and flowers, and my sim's making money while he watches TV in the office. :)

4. nattiboy13

nattiboy13 New Member

haha congrats on your business. i think im going to start off a business at home with the ticket machine, so when i have guests over they get charged for my company to raise customer loyalty and perks. (i read that somewhere on the sims site i believe.) then ill open something else on a community lot.

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

I have a few level 10 businesses - Florist, IKEA-style furniture stores and Toy/Games store. All of them are community lots and the easiest one for me to do was the furniture store. I agree that crafted items are a lot of hard work, so with the Florist and Toy store, I mixed in a high proportion of catalogue items in the early stages (ie catalogue plants/ decorative vases, computers/pinball/chess), then as the sims reached the gold badges, I integrated more of the crafted items then.

The furniture store was fun - have items that vary in price - always have some high priced items. I always price everything in my stores at 'Cheap', and only hire an employee after a couple of levels, for restocking etc. The furniture store was a fast seller - often couldn't keep up with restocking lol. I gradually whittled down the less expensive items and included more expensive items such as sofas, beds and decorative items (still at 'cheap' price).

The florist store was my favourite as it was so colourful and easy to run:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/hugzncuddles/Sims 2 images/f37b97bf.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/hugzncuddles/Sims 2 images/e341fda6.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Oooh, pretty! Thanks for sharing. What a lovely layout. And congratulations on your level 10 business. My best one so far is level 6. I need to spend time with just one family for a while, methinks. :rolleyes:

7. nattiboy13

nattiboy13 New Member

is it just me or does time at home stop when you leave to visit your business or any community lot?

8. HotHotHeat

HotHotHeat .&&.Simmer

Yep. It does. Don't worry, completely normal xP.

As for the most successful businesses... well, I hadn't concentrated on businesses all too much. I liked running a home business, that was a lot of fun. But yes, for a successful one, Cheaply-priced items are best because they're more appealing for the buyer since it's a good buy. Of course, do have the more lavish prices now and then >_o