can any 1 help me?

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by SKATERSAM666, Sep 24, 2002.

1. SKATERSAM666

SKATERSAM666 New Member

can any 1 help me?

i downloaded a family 4 my game and now every time i go on it it will crash and i dont no how to get rid of the downloa and i cant uninstall the game because of it. can any 1 help me?

2. Tweety

Tweety New Member

Try downloading another house on that same lot off The Sims Exchange, allowing it to take the place of the corrupted house. Also, don't forget to run The Sims FileCop, as that may also help you get rid of any corrupted files still in your game.

3. Bryan

Bryan Member

If that doesnt work you may have to download the sims eraser...which can be evil...it will erase your game and you will have to reinstall, This may be the only slution.

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Wish I could help..
    *sighes*
    *gives you a hug* maybe that's helping your mood?
    :)

5. Wolf

Wolf New Member

there are often crashes because of wrong CMX-files. There is a tool called SE Characte CMX Validation that not only shows wrong files but gives also a recommendation how to change it. (You need only to click ok then to change it).
    You can get it here:
    http://simenhancer.com/Download/index.asp

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I just got an idea.. maybe a bad file somewhere? Try filecop.

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Wouldn't Sim File Cop work better since it also checks for corrupt BMPs, in floors, walls, and skins?

8. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

that happened to me to thats why i can not play my sims game on this computer so i have to wait till i get to my grandma,grandpa, and uncles house!!!!!!

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

That's was the one I meant Josh. Thhanks!

(mumbles: always forget halfnames and stuff. grr . hrmpf. mrr)

hop hop

10. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Another option..........

You could also go into your Userdata file and copy a house.iff from a different hood, and replace the one that is corrupted. Just another thing to try if the above haven't worked.

Reni

11. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

ooooo good idea!!!!