How Do I can anyone help me

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by marymelody, Jun 15, 2008.

1. marymelody

marymelody New Member

can anyone help me

hello, im new here and im really hoping someone can help me. Ive had Sims 2 for a while now and have had no problems with it until now. I guess its my fault, but anyway. Lately it will not work. A message comes up and say:

The Sims 2 requires at least 1 MB of free disk space.
    Free up some space on your local disk and then re-launch The Sims 2.

Well, i tried 2 ways. I thought it meant that my computer was too crowded so i deleted almost 20 GB worth of crap. It still wouldnt work so i figured it must mean on the actual disk i have to delete things. So i tried going through the folders and deleting little things, like some downloads that i got. but when i try to delete them it says:

The operation cannot be completed because you do not have the suffcient privileges for "(what ever it is i tried deleting)"

So, it wants to me free up some space but wont let me delete anything. and i cant open it so i cant delete anything for in the game either.
    Does anyone know what i can do??? :confused: please help. :(

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Are you logged in as an Admin when you are deleting files?

Also, what is the amount of space you have on your harddrive where the Sims is installed? Post the amount of the Written and Full space.

3. marymelody

marymelody New Member

Well, its my macbook, so yeah im the admin. still dont get what you mean by written and full space. all i do know is what my computer tells me :) It says that i had 74.21 GB of space and i somehow managed to use 41.97 GB, leaving me with 32.24 GB of free space.

4. Judhudson

Well...you have plenty of free space...Is that your C:/ Drive?

5. marymelody

marymelody New Member

i dont know :( Its a macbook... its a totally different system then windows. it doesnt say C:/ drive or anything like that.

6. Judhudson

Ohh...phhhtt I am so stupid, I apologize...You mentioned that in the above post :( I don't know a thing when it comes to Mac so hopefully one of the Mac techies will see this thread.