Troubleshooting Can I put an Athlon XP 2400 in K7VT2 M/B

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ianmisk, Jan 13, 2005.

1. ianmisk

ianmisk New Member

Can I put an Athlon XP 2400 in K7VT2 M/B

I want to know if my ASROCK motherboard (K7VT2) will take an Athlon XP 2400 processor.
    I was told by one supplier that because the FSB of the M/B is different to the processor , then it was incompatible.
    Can anyone please advise me?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Assuming Asrock documentation is accurate, and you gave me the EXACT motherboard model, that motherboard can support an AMD Athlon XP CPU of 1500+ to 2800+ with a FSB of 266MHz

3. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

From what I could find, the Athlon XP 2400+ (K7 Thoroughbred) runs at 133Mhz Bus * 15 multiplier for an effective clock speed of 2.0Ghz. Double 133Mhz to get DDR FSB: 266Mhz. Your motherboard specifications state 200/266Mhz FSB support. And of course both are Socket A so they will, at the very least, fit physically together.

In short, that CPU/Mobo configuration should work perfectly fine. Unless there is some other Athlon XP out there also labelled the 2400+ but built on a different core or somesuch.