can my alien sim ever fit in?!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Shaylee, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Shaylee

Shaylee New Member

can my alien sim ever fit in?!

Hey everyone, long tiime reader first time poster here.. :)

I wonder if anyone can help me out here..

I have a family where the dad got abducted and had an alien baby who is now a teenager. Things seemed to be going ok, she's friends with most of the other sims in my neighbourhod etc.

The thing is I was playing with this family the other day when one of my other sims (from another family) ran into the house and poked the alien sim then ran off (leaving my alien sim very upset!) This didn't make any sense to me as they are friends.
    Also, the alien sim was invited to a wedding party and when she walked into the room all the other sims had thought bubbles with a cross through her picture in them!

I hope this post makes sense, I was just interested to know if anyone else experienced this? and are normal sims just very 'anti-alien'?! :p

Cheers everyone! :)

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

They aren't anti alien at all. Several things might have happened to provoke that response.

#1, your alien teen was using the telescope during the day and happened to see something that she shouldn't have. ;) The one whom she was spying on caught her, ran over and poked her before leaving to lecture her to mind her own business! This would have happened to any of your sims regardless of being alien or not.

#2. She fell in love/kissed a sim in public who was already dating another sim. His family members, or his significant others family memebers, saw this and are now displeased with the girls actions, even though she might not have been aware she was the other woman! Or maybe she got into a fight with one of the family members and those others saw the fight, automatically sidding with the sim they know and love better and therefore are also not pleased with your teen sim.

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

The wonderful thing about sims is they do not discriminate. They don't care if the person is normal, green, vampire, etc. They just judge by the actions. I agree with Shana, I'm sure your sim was using the telescope during the day and the sim who poked her was "the one". There is one sim who seems to be the constant victim of spying in the neighborhood. Mine was poor little Charlene Hicks. Charlene was one of my 1st sims created, and she was usually a very nice, happy family sim. But, she didn't like being spied on, and soon had no friends in River Valley because she kept picking fights!!!

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

My spyee is pajama girl, aka Brooke Raymond. I don't care if she has friends or not. Quite freeing, actually.

But yes to all of the above. Sims don't discriminate. I wish they were a little more afraid of vampires than they are. I have noticed some sims will attack a vamp without provocation. Must be the ones with "turn off" set to "vampire."

My first sim, Lola Phoenix, was famous for that. Kept trying to beat up Spike. I think she had a secret crush, LOL.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Or maybe Spike did, since he kept spying on her to provoke the beatings. hehehe

6. surprised_by_witches

Oh, you misunderstand. Lola was never a spyee. She just picked on Spike for the sheer joy of it. Beat him a couple of times, too.

She was a tough old lady.

7. Twins_all the time

Twins_all the time New Member

ok that has happened 2 one of my regular sims I mean they weren't aliens but with me it was Don king that rich guy

8. mEtAlHeAd

mEtAlHeAd O RLY??

I've noticed Vampires DO get picked on because of how they are,I have lots of aliens,there fine TONS of friends most of them have woohoo'ed

When it comes to my vampires,no-one gets a good reaction when they chat,jokes,etc etc and people always do the throw water thing on them.

:S i guess people/sims dont like blood sucking half demon beasts(i do)

9. surprised_by_witches

I think it depends on the sim. I've had my vampires attacked for no apparent reason when I wasn't controlling them, but I've also had sims interact with them like it's no big deal.

I think if a sim has "Vampire" as their turn-off they might be more likely to attack them.

On a completely side note, I've noticed that the fathers of girls who get pregnant without being married get an automatic ability to attack the guy who did it. This has happened to me more than once, with sims who'd only just met.

As well it should, in some cases. The bounders.

10. mEtAlHeAd

mEtAlHeAd O RLY??

11. surprised_by_witches

Personally, or in the game? ;)