Troubleshooting Cannot Save Riverview town.

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ardra.allen, Jul 23, 2010.

1. ardra.allen

ardra.allen New Member

Cannot Save Riverview town.

I have recently gotten the Riverview town. but after some time playing I went to save the game and it appeared to save but when I restart the game.. It goes right to the new game screen. there are no saved games available. if someone can help me out I would appreciate it very much.

2. ardra.allen

ardra.allen New Member

Anyone have any sugestions at all?? anyone??

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

does it give you any error messages when you save?
    Also try looking in the My documents/electronic Arts/Sims 3/saves folder and see if there are not any saves titled riverview in there. (if you haven't already)
    Alot of times it may look like it saves but it throws up an error 12 or 13 (i think is the number) when it finishes saving.

4. ardra.allen

ardra.allen New Member

No error message. and yes there is a folder riverview.sims3 and Riverview.sims3backup. Its there in the saves folde.r. but It doesnt show up when I load the game.

5. ardra.allen

ardra.allen New Member

this is really frustrating

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Something you could try since you have a Riverview backup is putting the Riverview.sims3 file onto your desktop. Then change the backup to say .sims3 at the end (instead of .sims3.backup.) Then try opening your game. If that lets you play, then just delete the one on your desktop as a badsave.

7. ardra.allen

ardra.allen New Member

Ive tried that. I even deleted all the riverview saves and started over. I have never been able to acess riverview saved game. not one.

8. ardra.allen

ardra.allen New Member

Grrrrrrr

9. ardra.allen

ardra.allen New Member

Anyone else but me have this problem? Ive never even been able to play riverview at all because I have never been able to access my household after I exit the game. even though I can see it in the saved folder. it just wont show up when I start the game. I can acess anything from sunset valley and twinbrook but not from riverview.

10. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

May I suggest you go over to the forums at The Sims Resource and have a look over there.