Troubleshooting Cant enter a sims lot

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by 12345Steph12345, Apr 2, 2005.

1. 12345Steph12345

12345Steph12345 New Member

Cant enter a sims lot

Im having the hardest time trying to enter a lot. Ill click on the house and it will show the picture of the family and Ill wait about 10 minutes for it to load and it never does. I tried moving the family to the family bin and into a new house but it still wont work. :confused: I dont know what to do, but its taking forever to load and in most cases, wont load at all! I was thinking maybe the hardrive is too full or something like that; But either way I dont know what to do! Please help!

2. JPWatt8080

JPWatt8080 Robit

Did you recently get University?
    This is what happens to many people if they have hacks that are not compatible with University.

3. 12345Steph12345

I think Ive had it for about a month or so? But I dont use hacks for it :S I did download some things off the sims2 website... Just some lots and stuff

4. JPWatt8080

JPWatt8080 Robit

Maybe you downloaded a hack without knowing it?
    I had the twin hack without knowing that I had it, which caused what's happening to you to happen to me.
    I got the clean installer and deleted the hack. It works fine now.
    Other than that, I don't know what it could be.

5. 12345Steph12345

How'd you do that? I wouldn't have to re-install the game would I?... Because that would just suck.

By the way, would you happen to knwo how a Jump Drive works? I have one for The Sims 2 (I got it for free with my game, the box doesnt explain very well) and I plug it in and dont know what its supposed to be used for.

6. 12345Steph12345

Does something called "cigen" have anything to do with it?... I dont remember ever seeing that in this file.

7. JPWatt8080

JPWatt8080 Robit

8. 12345Steph12345

Thanks so much, Ill try it and I hope it works for my game. But I remember my brother saying something about "GAIN" a bad virus program thing planting in my Sims2 folder...Ill try to find that first and if I still cant Ill try the site

9. JPWatt8080

JPWatt8080 Robit

I thought a Jump Drive was just a storage thing? I don't see how it would have anything to do with the sims, unless you're saving files on it.

10. 12345Steph12345

I have no idea...

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

A jump drive is a plug and play device. Make sure that is unplugged before starting the game (and that the game disc is in the cd drive). Please let us know if that cures the problem ... :)

12. 12345Steph12345

Well its still pretty slow, but I think I have it under control now, I downloaded that thing and it actually worked, it was because I downloaded an item off www.thesims2.ea and installed it twice so it created a skip in the game. Thanks for everyones help :)

13. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Another thing to make sure you do if you download things from the official site is to check the details, especially of custom content, as many of the houses have extra things you may not want (like hacks.)

Maxis made it so that people didn't have to have elaborate "shopping lists" for their houses, but in doing so it allowed some unwanted things to be there as well (such as unwanted hacks.) But they did change the exchange so that you can at least see what it is that is coming with your house.

As someone else mentioned, it's a good idea to use the clean installer to help install the downloads. That way you can remove the unwanted things and still have the house you wanted.

14. sims2Hobbit

sims2Hobbit New Member

Hi! i'm having the same Problem! I can't enter a Lot!
    I installed the clean Installer, then I was able to enter one, but the Sims didn't move and the Time wasn't running, when I then returned to the neighbourhood and wanted to enter another Lot, it again didn't work!
    What the hell am I doing wrong????