SimCity Societies can't input player name; cursor doesn't move

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Sesqui, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Sesqui

Sesqui New Member

can't input player name; cursor doesn't move

I just installed Sim Cities Societies. When I try to play, the opening video shows, then it asks for a player name.

The problem: the blue arrow which replaces the normal Windows cursor doesn't move when the mouse is moved. Also, I can't input a player name. As a result, I cannot play the game.

I probably don't have the right video card. (I threw away the sticker on the box, so I'm not sure what the requirements are.) But it looks OK; it just doesn't seem to recognize the mouse or keyboard.

I don't see any error messages, and the program is stable (will not crash to desktop).

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

video card would have nothing to do with your mouse.
    Is this a laptop or desktop pc ?
    I would suggest you go into the mouse/touchpad settings and see if changing the sensitivity settings on the mouse or the double click speed helps.

3. LoganLSE

LoganLSE New Member

I am having the same issue as well.... I just bought a new Sony Vaio with intel i7 and the best graphics card you can get in a Sony Laptop.

This problem has to be something with Windows 7.... The game worked on my much much older HP Desktop with XP from like 3 years ago.

HELP HELP HELP... Thing is, I know the game is lame but I really want to play it again just to be sure.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Did you try messing around with the mouse/touchpad settings like I mentioned above?
    You might also try and see if using Windows XP compatibility mode helps any.