Troubleshooting Can't play after choosing my town

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by LifeRocker, Jul 3, 2009.

1. LifeRocker

LifeRocker New Member

Can't play after choosing my town

I bought the game today, i installed it, everything went oki doki, it loads everything very nicely, but after i choose my town it loads just a little, the screen goes black for 1 or 2 seconds and then it closes by itself and I'm back to my desktop :confused:
    I don't think my problem is the requirements but just to make sure, here is my DxDiag
    PS:I'm still not very good with computers, but I can follow instructions very well :D

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Your graphics chipset is not supported so you're pretty much out of luck.
    Is this a laptop or desktop?
    If it is a laptop then you are out of luck considering you can't upgrade the graphics chipset in a laptop but if you have a desktop there is a tiny glimmer of hope.
    What is the make and model of your desktop?

3. LifeRocker

LifeRocker New Member

It's a laptop, Insys 8746S, i tried playing sims in window mode but it still doesn't work

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Then you're pretty much out of luck then unless you see something somewhere else showing this chipset working with the game.
    You can try going to the laptop's support page and download the latest drivers for it and try that but I think it will more than likely be a waste of time to get this laptop to play the game.

5. LifeRocker

LifeRocker New Member

Thanks anyway, i guess I'll have to play on my mom's computer =\

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

How has the game been LifeRocker? :D