Troubleshooting Can't Play Game, Can't Delete It

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ShannenCullen, Jul 23, 2010.

1. ShannenCullen

ShannenCullen New Member

Can't Play Game, Can't Delete It

I recently installed Sims 3 on my computer, and it was fine up until the part where it tells you to download the patch update. Because it was recommended, I installed it but the installation froze. It sat there for at least 10 minutes unmoving so I turned the computer off. When I turned it back on, I clicked on the Sims icon on my desktop, but it didn't load. I put the CD in again, but it still wouldn't load. So I went to Add/Remove Programs to uninstall it; the screen came up and it says that it uninstalled it, but the program doesn't go away from the list. Now whenever I put the CD in, the unistallation program comes up and it doesn't actually uninstall the game. I've tried Disk Cleanup, but it doesn't delete Sims and the System Restore does not even run (it says Restore Incomplete - could not restore to [date]).
    PLEASE HELP!

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

You will need to do a manual uninstall of it. Instructions for this can be found via Google or on the Electronic Arts website.

3. ShannenCullen

ShannenCullen New Member

Thank you for your help, but I have another problem. I have manually uninstalled the game, and re-installed it and when it loaded, an error came up with something about a video card. The game continued to load after I clicked ok, but then, as soon as it began loading Sunset Valley, the computer shut down. It just turned off completely, and began restarting itself. What's going on? The furthest it has gotten load wise is loading Sunset Valley, and the town comes into view, and it turns off again. PLEASE HELP

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Please post a dxdiag.