Troubleshooting Can't reinstall sims 2 and eps

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by fantasymendomegood, Jun 1, 2010.

1. fantasymendomegood

fantasymendomegood New Member

Can't reinstall sims 2 and eps

Hi there, my name is susan and I am a sim2 lover and avid player which brings me to my issue. I had computer problems with my game, when I entered my lot the flies of death came and then my game froze. I took everything off and have tried to download my games again but after zi enter the serial number and it shows me where it is gonna put it in my files a message comes up and gives the the choice of uninstalling or csncel and I am stuck there. I have tried downloading it manually but it does the same thing. I need help help. How can I correct this issue, I am running vista on my sony vaio and I have had this game and the eps seasons nightlife apt life on it and it ran fine for awhile, I have instslled the latest drivers and still this problem. Thanks for any help you may have, I am desperate. I have intel core processors. I have 4 gigs of ram and this computer is for playing sims only.
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium,Version 6.0.6002 service pak 2 , VGC-JS210J, x-64 based pc, 4.0 GB, Direct x11, chip type Intel R 4 series chipset family, App. total memory 1759 mb, Total hd space C drive 287 gb, free space 190 gb

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

What error does it display?
    Try copying the disk to your hard drive first and installing it from there.

3. fantasymendomegood

fantasymendomegood New Member

a box comes up after I hit the button to download the game and says are you sure you want to quit with installation and gives me no other choice or does it download, so I have to choose uninstall because its the only choice I have unless I want to go back and forth all day and I copied the disks to my hard drive and it does the same thing when I try to load it from there

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Can you try installing it on another computer?

Check the disk for scratches and dirt. It sounds like this may have affected one of the files on the disk and made it corrupt.