Cas

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by afropower234, Nov 13, 2003.

1. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

Cas

I am sooooooooo Confused :confused: :confused: !!! I have been to several Sims2 sites and 1 says that u NEED the CAS system so that u can play the game. Another1 says that u don't can sumbodee help meee! PLEASE!!!

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I think that to start creating sims in advance of TS2 you will need to download the CAS. And it is supposed to be ready by the end of November? Of course you need SimCity4 to create custom lots for the new game... I think?

3. afropower234

Thanx soooooooooo much!! I just couldn't get any straight answers, they were all like "I heard" and "I think" so I really didn't know

4. Enjoji

Enjoji New Member

Yep, suitemichelle is right. You can download CAS - which is supposed to be available in December if MaxisLuc was telling the truth in the last chat - and create some families to import them into TS2 when it comes out. But, you don't need it in order to play the game - TS2 will come with it, anyway.

And, concerning SimCity 4, you can create custom neighbourhoods for TS2 with SimCity - which I'm doing at the moment :) - using the smallest city type the game has, which is 64 x 64. So far, you can only use terrain and roads to create your neighbourhoods, but I'm hoping you can use other things from SimCity 4 to make your custom neighbourhood more flash, or more cool-looking; there's only so much you can do with terrain and roads.

Anyway, just thought I'd share what little knowledge I have. Hope it helps :)

TC, Enjoji

5. afropower234

Thanx again Enjoji that piece of info. was verrrrrryyyyyyyy helpful!! I was just so confused and didn't know if i needed it or not and if it would affect my game thanxx sooooooooooo much!!!!!

:) :) :) :)

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I will tell you right now I HIGHLY recommend having CAS with you because it is SUCH a useful tool to have before during and after gameplay

7. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

What is CAS?

8. afropower234

lewdini CAS is the Create-A-Sim program, just like the one in Sims v1 except 500% better. I know that didn't make much sense but in the Sims v1 u could go to the "Create-A-Family" screen and then make a new family and choose thier last names, first names, ect. and it is the same concept in CAS except u can change everything. U can choose how high the nose is, how high the cheekbones are, how pointy the ears are ect. i belive u don't need it to play and how it works but when i find out i'll let u know.

9. afropower234

Josh u confused me again!!! Do i NEED to have CAS to play the SIMS2, is it going to be on the game?:confused: :confused: Is it a neccesity? Will it affect my gameplay if i don't?:confused: :confused: Will it still come with the game just like in Sims v1? Will i still be able to create new families w/o the Stand Alone Create A Sim program?:confused: :confused: Is it just a demo? :confused: :confused: Helpppp ME PLEASE!!??!!

10. ManagerJosh

You do not need to have CaSIE to play The Sims 2 however I HIGHLY recommend having because it is SUCH a useful tool

11. afropower234

I have 2 families already lanned out, (the Lane family and the Berry family) when the game comes out will i be able to make just the parents 4 both families and then design what i want the kids to look like as adults and put them in as toddlers?

12. ManagerJosh

What will happen is you create both adults (guy/girl) and then you are able to generate what a child looks like and set their age. They can be an adult, teen, child, or even a toddler. I hope I answered your question

13. afropower234

Thanx, yes u did!!:) :D :D :)

14. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

man josh u know everything about TS2 :D

15. ManagerJosh

no I don't. Maxis knows everything :D

16. afropower234

Josh,
    will i be able to take the mom and pops' faces and have the game mix 'em up like in this screenshot:

http://www.gamershell.com/hellzone_Sim-Tycoon_The_Sims_2.shtml (Click the 1 under the farting old man)

Cause i want the mom and pops' kids' faces to be biologically correct and i think it is 2 risky having them play b/c it can e a girl, have twins, the 2 not be aged properly, and i was wunderin if i can do this or if i have to just pull 'em outa space sumwhere. Please help?!? :confused: :confused:

17. ManagerJosh

You can adjust the facial parameters of the parent.

If you click the button in the middle, it will allow you to randomly generate a child. There is a missing button there, but wha tit does is allows you to change gender

18. afropower234

So that feature will be included on the game too?

19. ManagerJosh

There are premade facial parameters that allows you to adjust everything. To make brand new ones, you'll need to customize it

20. afropower234

Manager Josh u state either here or sumwhere else, (i am not exactly sure.) that u can customize eyes braces and every thing else that u see in the screenshots in CaSIE. i want to be able to do this but i have heard that it will able to be downloaded, it will be released like a game, and i heard that it will just be a demo. HELP me please!!!:confused: :confused: :mad: :confused: :confused: i want to do this and if it comes out as a game, then i'll never get it cause they'll always be sold out. All of the help u can offer is appreciated.;)