Troubleshooting CD-ROM wont read The Sims 2 Deluxe ...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sacrilege, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Sacrilege

Sacrilege lolwut?

CD-ROM wont read The Sims 2 Deluxe ...

Hello.

I'm currently having problems with my CD-ROM reading my SIMS Gamedisk.

I know there's nothing wrong with the ROM, 'cause it reads other disks perfectly and I know there isn't anything wrong with the gamedisk given it was working fine before my first computer died.

I'll open my CD-ROM tray and pop in the CD; the computer makes noise as if it's reading the disk and then it stops.

If this is a problem with other users, I will keep the question here; if not then I'll take it to a more appropriate forum. Either way, I'd love some input.

Thanks!

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Which version of the game do you have? Some versions are not CDs but are DVDs (which a CD drive won't play).

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Also some expansions are on dvd now as opposed to cd.
    Try the game in another computer (if possible) just to make sure there is nothing wrong with the disk as it could be something you can not see with the naked eye that's throwing the laser off somehow.

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Put the disk in, open My Computer and see if the computer can see it in the disk drive. Normally "D:" drive.

5. Sacrilege

Sacrilege lolwut?

It's The Sims 2: Deluxe (Orig game & Nightlife)

The disk is fine, I just tried what swmeek suggested and the disk loaded in, you guessed it, the DVD-ROM slot; its something my new computer doesn't have. Oh well

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

6. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

If you don't know that much about computers and installing things like cd or dvd drives (I'm not saying you don't) you might look for a external dvd drive to play your game with.
    Easiest route to get your Sims game going back again.